McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of pitch, you may want to double check if the chain and sprocket are the correct match.
This is the sprocket that came from p/o in this exact condition. Then I took a drum off a 10-10 that had the same part number. The chain is definitely 3/8 .050
I'm chalking it up to my neglect. Thanks for the thought 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_173727836.jpg
    IMG_20220118_173727836.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
I keep a 20" on my PM60 & 700,24" occasionally 28" on the SP81/PM800/850.Have run longer bars as a test but get best RPM's with the bars listed,If I need more than a 30" bar I'll just grab a bigger saw
Yeah, I haven't run these saws much. Now I really want a pm 850! I never would have thought these things would be addictive.

Hey guys, need some help here. Bought a saw sold and badged as a Pro Mac 10 10S. Running the serial number doesn’t seem to match up however on that acre net Mac model number page on the web, and I can’t find any model with this exact model # except when looking through parts lists, and it shows up as a Pro Mac 700. It appears to be all original and not parted together, paint is all matching and even distribution of wear and tear. Is this a 700? Also doesn’t run as strong as you’d think a 700 would. Just want to confirm what I’ve got and at least get matching decals if nothing else haha. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2016942A-CDC5-47F1-9A63-265F64CEFD01.jpeg
    2016942A-CDC5-47F1-9A63-265F64CEFD01.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 16
Hey guys, need some help here. Bought a saw sold and badged as a Pro Mac 10 10S. Running the serial number doesn’t seem to match up however on that acre net Mac model number page on the web, and I can’t find any model with this exact model # except when looking through parts lists, and it shows up as a Pro Mac 700. It appears to be all original and not parted together, paint is all matching and even distribution of wear and tear. Is this a 700? Also doesn’t run as strong as you’d think a 700 would. Just want to confirm what I’ve got and at least get matching decals if nothing else haha. Thanks in advance.
That’s a PM700 number, post up some pics of the rest of the saw. Does it have a decomp?

More pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 20
Pm700 model number for sure. The muffler cover is not typical for most 700s. Theyre easy to swap out though. It looks like a 7-10 cover. Better in my opinion. The 10-10s and 700 are nearly identical though. Youd have to measure the bore to tell in most cases. The same saw of the same era would have the same paint. Parts can all be swapped.

600116 is indeed a PM700 model number.

The 10-10 models did not have a compression release and some early 10-10S models did not have a compression release, but later ones did have a compression release. Odd (McCulloch - go figure) because the PM55, 555, and 570 all had the pop up compression release.

Mark

Thanks guys. So I guess without taking it apart and measuring bore there’s no way to know for sure, correct? If I had his area code I might try Don Bass and ask haha.

More pics
The tank contains the tag , the 2 flat head screws at the back are notoriously hard to remove ( in my experience) ,the tank could have been swapped out and I look for the tell tale signs of that by the damage to the screws.
Those are definitely late model peices and numbers though. Nice saw either way.

This is the sprocket that came from p/o in this exact condition. Then I took a drum off a 10-10 that had the same part number. The chain is definitely 3/8 .050
I'm chalking it up to my neglect. Thanks for the thought 🤔
Rather than use a spur sprocket,why not use a rim drive.They last longer IMO.

Back