McCulloch Kart Engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lee, I guess what I'm asking is: Why and/or how do the kart engines, being the same displacement, produce more power than the stock 125 engine? I totally understand swapping in a larger engine, but what are the differences that make a 123cc kart engine preferable over a 123cc chainsaw engine?

Lee, I guess what I'm asking is: Why and/or how do the kart engines, being the same displacement, produce more power than the stock 125 engine? I totally understand swapping in a larger engine, but what are the differences that make a 123cc kart engine preferable over a 123cc chainsaw engine?

The better porting. The abilitity to add better intakes and multi carbs.

Bill

Much better porting, Higher compression ratios, Bolt on cylinder heads. Block stuffers, Intake manifolds but in the chainsaw frame you would have to use the stock intake unless you want to cut up the fuel tank.
Just a few differences.

Lee

101 has extra transfer port

I JUST CAME ACROSS A 36'' 795 I WAS GOING TO MAKE A KART ENGINE OUT OF IT BUT I THINK I WILL SELL IT ANYONE WANT TO BUY IT I THINK ALL IS THERE BUT AIR CLEANER AND NO CHAIN IT A CALIF. SAW MAYBE 1969

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 16
Granted this is an old thread, but it looks like there’s new activity. With that picture it reminds me of a question I’ve asked many times and never got a good answer. Does anyone know why Mac went with the right hand recoil on certain models? what was the point what was the advantage or disadvantage and why did it never catch on? It just seems like a lot of extra width on that side.

Back