mcculloch mac 3200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the muffler mod . . .

There are two baffle plates and a screen inside the muffler that you can just completely remove.

Then it is just a matter of enlarging the outlet holes.

The muffler will fit back together without the baffle plates.

This leaves the muffler as a hollow box. The result is louder but it is a chainsaw.

I did my 3214 and it really came alive. Then I did a 3818 which had the same muffler but I didn't see so much improvement.

A Stihl "yellow" chain will help these a lot too. The cutters are larger.

Im assuming you have to set the carb a bit richer to run with the unrestricted exhaust....

After opening up the muffler which included removing the baffle plates and opening up the holes in the bottom, I reset the high speed needle for the chainsaw to run correctly.

I ran this chainsaw some yesterday. It sounds good and is not subdued like it was originally as I'm accustomed to Husqvarna, Stihl, and Dolmar pro chainsaws.

It made a nice little trim saw.

Some Stihl "yellow" chain would be a good addition?

After opening up the muffler which included removing the baffle plates and opening up the holes in the bottom, I reset the high speed needle for the chainsaw to run correctly.

I ran this chainsaw some yesterday. It sounds good and is not subdued like it was originally as I'm accustomed to Husqvarna, Stihl, and Dolmar pro chainsaws.

It made a nice little trim saw.

Some Stihl "yellow" chain would be a good addition?

I LIKE to run Mini Macs, this is the crap i'm accustomed too!:hmm3grin2orange:

Modded the muffler on my 3516 to rumble box status:D
2ahaxqf.jpg

ra868o.jpg

2moe97r.jpg

3306vxz.jpg

This is all that went back, all the baffles/spark screen was removed.
b7bfw2.jpg

5v2b8y.jpg

This is how you clean the plastic 3200 series macs! Lil dawn, some simple green and piping hot water in a bucket. Let em soak over night. I would have thrown the engine in as well but I didnt want to hurt the water!

P.S.... A dishwasher would be even better but I dont want to have to go for ball replacement surgery thanks to the wife. :D

166dnd3.jpg

Back