McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM 110 update

Out of two newer black and yellow 110s, I got one case cleaned up and used the motor that looked the best. Cleaned the carb and about too put in a new gas line tomorrow. Will make sure the filter is clean so that carb don't get gummed up again. Any tips for reassembly Dennis?

Out of two newer black and yellow 110s, I got one case cleaned up and used the motor that looked the best. Cleaned the carb and about too put in a new gas line tomorrow. Will make sure the filter is clean so that carb don't get gummed up again. Any tips for reassembly Dennis?

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, wife has me going nuts wiith house shopping the past couple of weeks. Anyways....

Standard mini rules apply, remove the recoil starter as the engine slides in and out of the case much easier without it. Put the throttle linkage on the flywheel magnets when you put the engine in, makes a nice little holder. Make sure the fuel line is in the grove and not crushed/crimped by the motor. Thats about it....oh yeah, dont forget the carburetor insulator if you will that fits around the outside grove of the carb. Its supposed to go INSIDE the case, lots of people forget and put it on the outside, looks jackwagoned up like that:laugh:

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, wife has me going nuts wiith house shopping the past couple of weeks. Anyways....

Standard mini rules apply, remove the recoil starter as the engine slides in and out of the case much easier without it. Put the throttle linkage on the flywheel magnets when you put the engine in, makes a nice little holder. Make sure the fuel line is in the grove and not crushed/crimped by the motor. Thats about it....oh yeah, dont forget the carburetor insulator if you will that fits around the outside grove of the carb. Its supposed to go INSIDE the case, lots of people forget and put it on the outside, looks jackwagoned up like that:laugh:

Well I got her all back together. Gets spark, throttle works, choke works, not leaking gas, not leaking oil, carb cleaned, oils good, whole inside is cleaned, carb isolator OUTSIDE :laugh:, etc. Will fire on carb cleaner but will not fire on gas. I adjusted the low speed in several different positions but still nothing. Is not even trying to fire on gas. So I wonder if I did pinch the line? or whats up?

We haven't gotten many videos here......

Here is my MM with 8"sprocket nose and a factory foam padded handle. It also has a throttle lock which you don't see much.

[video=youtube;8lopE3rUmsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lopE3rUmsk[/video]

Well I got her all back together. Gets spark, throttle works, choke works, not leaking gas, not leaking oil, carb cleaned, oils good, whole inside is cleaned, carb isolator OUTSIDE :laugh:, etc. Will fire on carb cleaner but will not fire on gas. I adjusted the low speed in several different positions but still nothing. Is not even trying to fire on gas. So I wonder if I did pinch the line? or whats up?

Did you put a new diaphram and gaskets in the carb or just clean it? 1 turn out on the H and L screws usually gets em running.

Did you put a new diaphram and gaskets in the carb or just clean it? 1 turn out on the H and L screws usually gets em running.

Just cleaned it. I tore it back down and looked and I had the line a little too long and i twas pinching. So I trimmed it up a little and seems to be not pinching now. Had a hell of a time getting that oil line lined up this time...had a mess. Will take her out tomorrow night and see if she will fire. If not, to the parts pile! I can find em for a dime a dozen and try to get another one going.

Just cleaned it. I tore it back down and looked and I had the line a little too long and i twas pinching. So I trimmed it up a little and seems to be not pinching now. Had a hell of a time getting that oil line lined up this time...had a mess. Will take her out tomorrow night and see if she will fire. If not, to the parts pile! I can find em for a dime a dozen and try to get another one going.

I would rebuild the carb. Is it a walbro or a zama? I got a link for a cheap rebuild kit if its a walbro.

I ran across this rare mini Mac but didn't buy it. I've never seen another one other than this.

nuqyny3y.jpg

y3uduzy8.jpg

udusyhum.jpg

Latest posts

Back