McCulloch problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malexander

Reaction score
Have a McCulloch chainsaw that has me puzzled. Saw is 6 years old but "new" in that it was taken out of the box last year. Runs great but after about +/- 20 mins. of use, it shuts down and won't restart for several hours. Makes the job rather lengthy and frustrating.

Any ideas on what to check are appreciated!

This is one of the new breed of junk Mccullochs that led to the company filing bankruptcy. The saw is either vapor locking the fuel in the fuel line when it gets hot, or the cylinder is seizing when it gets hot. Either way it is a poorly designed machine. The only thing you can do is try to insulate the fuel lines from the engine heat so they do not turn the fuel to vapor. Also check the fuel cap and see if the vent is plugged. Time to upgrade to a Husky 136 or 141.

I was afraid it was a "quality" issue. There is always a reason a company has to file bankruptcy. Probably can't get parts for it anyway. I'll try what Huskyman says and if it doesn't fix it....guess I'll look at a new Husky.

Thanks for the replies!!

Mark

malexander said:
Have a McCulloch chainsaw that has me puzzled. Saw is 6 years old but "new" in that it was taken out of the box last year. Runs great but after about +/- 20 mins. of use, it shuts down and won't restart for several hours. Makes the job rather lengthy and frustrating.

Any ideas on what to check are appreciated!
Have you tried replacing the fuel filter its proberly clogged after all those years

Latest posts

Back