McCulloch3.4 Eager Beaver or Timber Bear - No Oil To Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etbrown4

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
No doubt the passage from the oil tank is plugged.
I've put a lot of air pressure on the tank but can't get any oil to exit.

I am sure the oil is supposed to exit right near the chain or sprocket, but I have not been able to identify the exact spot for further attention.

If anybody has a pic of the exit point for the oil that would be a big help!

These saws are well known for plugged oiler lines, so any tips would be appreciated!

I have methodically removed each part from the saw one piece at a time. Left the bottom plate, exhaust chamber, spark plug, clutch and the oil tank all on the motor. Rebuilt the Carb and set the idle open just a tad, and the mixture screws 1 turn each. Did I mention that I washed everything and blew every speck of dirt off of every piece and double checked for cleanliness. Once all assembled again, new 30 wt oil, and 3/4 tank full of gas. Looks like a new old saw with a used chain and bar, (which I turned over so the old worn groove is up.) Ordered a new chain for 12.00. Any secrets on setting the mixtures and idle would be great. Seems to stumble coming up from idle. Lean? Oils good, sounds good, feels nice, and looks great.

Latest posts

Back