Mcculloch's best (please vote)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mange said:
I have a Super 33, I think that is a 33 or 35. Geardrive.
I have ad's that show attachments aswell.
Hello Mange do you have a ad with a super 33 with a auger for putting dynomite in stumps. I have a super 33 for doing this the auger is about 2 inch by 36 inches long I will try to put a picture of it up on AS
Thanks Mike

macman101a said:
Hello Mange do you have a ad with a super 33 with a auger for putting dynomite in stumps. I have a super 33 for doing this the auger is about 2 inch by 36 inches long I will try to put a picture of it up on AS
Thanks Mike

:Eye:
Yes, please post a pic of it I would love to see that!!!!!
Really great.

I tryed to find the ad, but I must me wrong or lost it :cry:
But i found the ad for Partner C6, Did not know I scanned that, hmmmm.

i ahve a mac 250 with a 36" bar and i can't stop it. i don't think that a 16" will be any match for it but my all time favorite one in my collection is my running 1225a

My favorite is a 797...but thats the only one I have! One thing I found with the 797 vs. my red wonders. The Mc 797 does a better job than my C series & XP series Homelites oiling the chain when I mill. Some day I would like to build one of those old 1950 era rotary valve monsters.

Uh-Oh what can I do to atone?? I know going to that neat website "down under" won't help!

So which of the 1950 era Rotary valve big bore monsters would make the best working project?? A HOmelite 7 or 8-29 or big McCulloch? (Maybe the answer to this will help..)

Last edited:
he he he he he- how 'bout this one?
not only the starter is unquie but the choke as well. the operator had to hold the rear handle in his right hand, press and hold the choke button with his right thumb and squeeze the throttle with his right pointer finger. he then had to grab the starter handle with his left hand and "throw" the saw away from him to pull it over. not very safe there :dizzy:
the choke looks like a tiolet plunger that covered the carb. throat only when you held the button in. the choke nor the throttle lock in place. marty

I think the 33, Super 33 and 35, is great saws if you look at age/power/weight. Impressive designs.

I really like this 250. It doesn't have many hours on it. It's all original, except the bar. In 16" and larger wood, it'll beat an 044, which is only 7cc less, and a lot newer. The only drawbacks are the absence of a muffler, and the excess vibration. I have a 1-71 with even more power, but I don't like the starter on the right side, and it will boil the gas in warm weather since the tank is above the engine.
Scott

Nice lookin Mc 250 there McC this shape in the old Mc's is a classic if only McCulloch had given a bit more room to stick your foot into the rear handle for starting it would have helped considerably, and that little excuse for a muffler ?? speak up man i cannot hear you but have been a familier answer after running the saw.

But for they time they served delivering plenty of power with great torque something a lot of new saws just don't have.

Mc Bob.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/saws.html

It would be a toss up as to which saw McCulloch made the most of,10-10 or 250 .The old 250's have plenty of grunt,and will in fact cut pretty good.On the advice of Mike Acres,I changed one of mine from 7 tooth .404 to 8 tooth .375.It made a marked difference in the cutting speed.They are rather loud .Huh,speak up. :dizzy:

Ive used Macs and Homelites (gear driven 36" monster) through the years, but my favorite is the Mac 710 A . A light weight, powerful saw with automatic and manual oil. Too senior for a chain brake, but sounds like a real chain saw, cuts like a dream, power to spare, 20"bar (windsor tip), loyal like an old friend, and dependable. Still runs great. Schultzz

Latest posts

Back