Me make auction. Buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty busy month

If it was just used one months, it look like it was a busy month , and that month had more than 28 days in it too:D

It must have been sitting fo many months or one month ago he ruined a great vintage saw by using it when it was brand new. It is a 30 isn't it. The battle scars from only one month of use makes it hard to tell.

Bill

I think it was a typo.&nbsp; It was <i>supposed</i> to be month<font size="+1">&sup3;</font> (one cubic month)

What I can't figure out is, apart from "is that bleach bottle looking thing what he's using for his premix?" is what that chainsaw-part-looking-thing is on the near side of the stump.

Looks like the muffler cover's been cut off and there's tape wrapped all the way up the trigger handle, too. I think it says 360 on the side. Beats me what that part is.

Originally posted by glens
is that bleach bottle looking thing what he's using for his premix?

Im assuming thats a bar oil container. What would worry me is the dishsoap fuel container.

The hot setup seems to be scouring rural dumps and junk piles behind local saw dealerships for eBay items: "Hey, this one, she even turn over!"

i notice he failed to mention he drug it back and forth to work behind his pinto station wagon (with the ladder tied to the roof)

Do you remember the Stihl commercial from the 70's. The showed a jeep dragging a Stihl saw then it started on I believe the first pull. I wonder what model that was. It looked better than this 360.

Bill

Heck, that ain't nothing. In the Husky commercial they had the Husky pulling the Jeep and the saw still started on the first pull.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Originally posted by glens
I think it was a typo.&nbsp; It was <i>supposed</i> to be month<font size="+1">&sup3;</font> (one cubic month)

What I can't figure out is, apart from "is that bleach bottle looking thing what he's using for his premix?" is what that chainsaw-part-looking-thing is on the near side of the stump.

That looks like an uneven stump cut from the saw not cutting straight. When he went around the stump with the saw the cut overlapped.

Re: uneven stump cut.

When you mentioned that, Tim, I thought for a minute I could see it that way, but I modified the contrast and sharpness of the image a bit and although there is a step in the cut, it's very uniform, from 6 o'clock to 12 (all the way across).&nbsp; The thing I was curious about looks to have the same color as the rest of the saw.&nbsp; It's a little hard to account for what looks like a shadow running to 6 o'clock from the right end of the thing, since the sun is about 2 o'clock, but if it were a step in the stump I'd think it would have the same kind of hard edge along the right side as does the unquestionable step to it's left and above the saw.&nbsp; Maybe there's a flat piece we're looking at the end of and which is casting the "southward" shadow.&nbsp; In fact, the more I look at both it and the apparent pot metal edges behind the muffler, I think it's the part that broke from there.

Or maybe it's the kill "switch" you stuff all the way into the muffler to stop the saw...

It appears as though the winner got the saw for only $350.

Glen

I never really looked to close at the pic until tonight. It looks as the month must have been hard on the bar as it has newer bar on it.

Bill

Thanks, Tim.&nbsp; I use and recommend the doubly-free software from http://www.imagemagick.org/ with which it took maybe 20 seconds to bump both the <i>gamma</i> and <i>sharpness</i>.

I'd assume the image is too light most other places since most images are too dark on this computer and if the "problem" weren't with my setup that it would have been addressed by now.&nbsp; But then again I see the current sweetie on my Stihl calendar is just about lost in shadowy (lack of) detail.

At any rate, I think I've figured out that it's the "<i>blade</i>" that's one month old.&nbsp; The red blade-handle is kind of beat up, but everyone knows the blade is the most important part of any saw and the handle is pretty much inconsequential.

Glen

So has anyone bought from ...

State of Oregon surplus?

Seems they have some unbeliveable deals on buckets.

They're legit. I've never bought from them, but the shipping charges are usually high and they do weird things like selling a pallet of B&W televisions along with something like a valuable welder.

Well they are selling

The back end of utility trucks with the one man bucket and hydralic beam. A 30 foot and I think a 40.

They will not delivey and you have to pick up so I guess it is a good deal if you are in OREGON.

Latest posts

Back