ME/NH/VT GTG Rumford, Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP! Looking forward to this. :)

Hey Cantdog, we should discuss the carpool sometime. Preferably over a beer or 3. :cheers:

Definitely PB Most any time, shoot me a PM. This has got me motivated!! Yesterday I just finished porting the "new" 268XP top end to change out with the reg ported 268/61 conversion that's in my sig. Looking forward to seeing what the diference will be. Should be significant especially as I took the XP P&C quite a bit further than I had the reg 268 ported. (and further than I took the 630 as well) All I have to do now is check and set the squish and final assemble. Oh and I have to do some work as I am also changing carbs to one from a 670 so I have to pick up my impulse by tapping into the impulse corridor in the isolation block.

Can't wait, hope the weather cooperates.:cheers:

the weather got me excited today. 3 days of rain had me retaining water.

ive got a 630 that should be running by then, and hopefully an 044.

still working on wood. im hoping to get alot of consistent diameter stuff so times can be compared. and some huge hard stuff for punishing the big saws.

Don't have any modded saws, but I do have a 910 and 90 that are slow and loud. :)

Does anyone have a 361? I want to run a 630 next to a 361 just to see how it compares. Not really a time trial, but just a comparison. I have run both, and really think the 630 is the more capable saw.

At least it is a heavier saw! LOL :)

Bump! It's almost that time!

At this point I am still game, but not sure what saws I will have to bring. Field season starts pretty soon, so who knows what will happen in the next 2 weeks.

This is pretty cool that theres a Maine gtg. Actually its partially the fault of this site that I now have another saw on the way! :hmm3grin2orange:

i dont have a solid head count yet, but i did have a AS lurker move into my basement. i have a lead on a maple butt that is 40 inches! so plan to bring your big saws guys.

MossMan will be bringing his tractor mounted firewood processor.

wifey is planing on some retail therapy for that day. so if everyone can plan to bring some sort of food to share that would be good.

sorry ive been silent for awhile. life got a little hectic. im definately looking forward to the 15th and i hope you all are too.

I'll have to back out: have an Eagle Scout Court of Honor I need to attend.

the wood is here!

the little end
S3010130.jpg

the big end
S3010131.jpg

the saw in the pics is my 346 with 16" bar.

its maple. the butt measures 28 inches in the small dimension. the but end is a little punky/hollow, but should still put the larger saws to the test. there is a second log as well. the best part was the price. FREE! for $15 to cover fuel they were delivered to my driveway.

anyone who wants directions send me a PM and i will send you my address. you can mapquest it or put it in your GPS or whatever. as people PM me i will get a head count. also please include what you can bring for food so i can fill in the gaps. (so we dont end up with 6 bugers and 10 plates of brownies.) the grill and kitchen will be availible for dishes that need finnishing here.

BTW, i would love to see one of the BB dolkitas if anyone has one put together.

Bump

ive only received one PM so far. dont be shy guys.

moss man, as you stand behind the tractor, does your processor work left to right or right to left? just trying to lay out some wood in a way that makes sense.

Back