MEASURED, CALCULATED, I,VE BEEN LAZY!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a new job a year and a half ago, took up all my time. I now have a different job that gives me much more time. I have been hearing of another bad winter so I measured and added my stacks tonight. Damn it! I only have 34.5 cords of seasoned wood! That's only about 6 years worth, I wanted to be at ten at this point. Not only am I starving for wood, but the wife is giving me crap because the fluorescent orange painted numbers on all the stacks apparently is ugly. I need to move my ass this fall.. need more & more wood.

Got a new job a year and a half ago, took up all my time. I now have a different job that gives me much more time. I have been hearing of another bad winter so I measured and added my stacks tonight. Damn it! I only have 34.5 cords of seasoned wood! That's only about 6 years worth, I wanted to be at ten at this point. Not only am I starving for wood, but the wife is giving me crap because the fluorescent orange painted numbers on all the stacks apparently is ugly. I need to move my ass this fall.. need more & more wood.

Lord help you if, for some reason, you ever have to move.:) But seriously, I'll admit, I'm a little envious. Someday I hope my firewood hoarding addiction will reach your level.

I have around 600 cords in logs, that count?

Supposed to be a warm winter they are saying, even worse than last winter... I just about had to mow the lawn in January.

34.5 cords im jelous ive only got 7 split and stacked and probly another 6-6.5 cord in the woods cut and ready to be moved out

Around 70 cords black locust, 15 of shoulder season willow. Bringing in another cord willow tomorrow. I still marvel that I can sell willow at $120/cord. Only have 2 customers currently but that keeps me working.

Harry K

Holy smokes. Elm is about the best I can consistently get.

I'd quit if I could only get willow and elm!

Like you, I think I could drastically cut down the amount if I had a stove for shoulder seasons. It takes a lot of wood to get 800 lbs hot from cold. I blame it all on the STUPID energy star EPA windows blocking my solar gain. Worst investment ever. They should be illegal above the mason Dixon line. Hey EPA harp on that why don't ya.

After the Colorado disaster the wonder agency E.P.A. just caused, I doubt they will be headlining anything new for awhile!
Oh ye of little faith brother...they have plenty of resources to cause much more mayhem and havoc. :dizzy:
Suppose they will fine themselves for that one? :laugh:

I have a few really good stories about them and the ridiculous way they conduct "business", but I would have to go to the political forum and even then probably get banned! My biggest complaint about the office/people is that you can never get a FIRM answer of how to be in compliance with them or the exact remedy to fix a situation that has occurred. The personnel around my area are so vague they just shrug there shoulders and never get back to anyone, except to fine them.

Latest posts

Back