Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Fish. Got mine today. But thanks to our wonderful postal staff, the CD has 2 nice sets of dings in it. So I can't copy a section of the data. Since Fish has already sent me this one, would someone else be so kind to send me a fresh copy? And hopefully this one won't get beat up in the mail. Wish this was available for download somehow...... I'll see what I can do about that for the future.

Can I get one to work with Vista Home Premium? please..............

I will get you 2 if you send me a PM with your USPS addresses.

Philbert

When I only had the time sensitive versions, I had an old laptop specifically dedicated for the mediacat, it had windows xp on it, I bought it off ebay for $50, I just kept it set at 2007, and just used it for looking up Stihl stuff.

Someone will likely come along with some suggestions for using it on a Mac., hopefully.

Fish, me too. I have an old Dell laptop with Windows 98, which is loaded with older versions of different automotive diagnostic software. Scan tool diagnostic programs, several different analyzer programs, metric conversion tables, etc.

The computer is old, slow and not very pretty. It's perfect for the shop, keep it covered and it'll work for a long time. They're available on eBay all the time, for very low prices. I start by cleaning the drive & registry, install my software, keeping it to a minimum for increased speed. No virus protection, no firewalls, no frills, just basic stuff. If it fails, I buy another one and destroy everything in the old one before recycling. It's a shop tool, not a 'real' computer. :msp_wink:

Have a 2010 copy from PogoInTheWoods that I can forward.

Update: Sending my copy to Maplekid.

Last edited:
Media Cat in the mail

River Rat is my first reply, I'll get his in the mail as soon mine arrives, gets installed and my bride makes copies. I'll take more after I get it up & running. Give me a few days, Fred

Not sure which version is being floated around at this time (2010 or 2011), but I would like to throw my hat in the ring to get a copy if possible.:msp_smile:

Ok lads
I've worked out a way to reset the protection on mediaCAT v3.27 (Stihl mediaCAT SCS 02-2009)
Currently if you try and run the software with todays date it will lock the software even if you set your date back to a period when it should have worked.

To apply the fix you need to edit the windows registry. CAUTION. If you don't know what you're doing this can be dangerous to the health of your computer!

Attached to this post there's a zip file that contains a .reg file with the following content
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\windows]
"Queue access"=dword:00000000

If you run this file i.e. merge it with the registry it will reset the lockout.
Let me know how you get a long
I may even build a loader.exe if there's enough interest
regards
mh

*** Update ***
The attached zip file now includes loader.exe.
Copy this to the install directory (normally C:\Program Files\eVision\mediaCAT) and run it.
Now when you load expired versions of MediaCat it automatically changes the system date, removes the expired protection then runs the program. When MediaCat exits the system time is reverted.
Hope this helps
mh
:msp_thumbsup:
View attachment 191485

Hi. This tool great work with mediacat 2011 3.33

Thanks

Andy :msp_smile:

Hi. This tool great work with mediacat 2011 3.33

Thanks

Andy :msp_smile:

Not sure what version you guys are distributing but my version (2011 v3.33) is good up to the year 2285. If you go to settings, catalog settings, and look at the "up to" date it should tell you there. If you have this version you don't need a hack unless you plan on celebrating your 300th birthday....

Latest posts

Back