Men's Gold Medal Hockey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great game The best match in this olympics !!!

Big big gratulations to all Canadians :)

One of the best games I have ever seen...in any sport.

Lost 5 bucks to my best friend in High School in Gibsons Canada by Vancouver. He went into town and watched it on the big screen for the public.

Hockey was the big winner here. That game was great and truly was a great example of how the game should be played. From goal tending, defense and offense. Even the officials were good at least to the point that they stayed out of the game and let it be decided by the players. Good show, just too bad the team wearing the Red White and Blue didn't win. But hell I guess its only right I mean think about it how would we feel of the Canadians beat us in Olympic Basketball.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:
canada-flag.jpg

Thank heavens it was a draw

Otherwise at least half of the membership would be p'd off either way and the other half would be impossible to live with!:cheers:

I missed the game on TV. Had an emergency removal up north and had to listen to it on the radio on the way home.

Kinda makes up for the Junior's game. :)

Stihl-O-Matic: Basketball: Another great game invented by a..... CANADIAN!!!!

Overtime???

Ahh yes, excuse me. You are quite right.
YAY CANADA! Mens and Womens gold - great effort.:yourock::cheers:
Probably just as well. If the USA didn't lose at something occasionally they would probably just stop trying! Commiserations USA.

Ahh yes, excuse me. You are quite right.
YAY CANADA! Mens and Womens gold - great effort.:yourock::cheers:
Probably just as well. If the USA didn't lose at something occasionally they would probably just stop trying! Commiserations USA.

Winning the Olympics is some solace.

Last edited:
I have to say I am glad Canada won the Hockey gold. Congratulations.

I lived in Canada for a year and graduated from high school and they treated me like gold unlike a lot of places I moved to in the states.

I have to say I am glad Canada won the Hockey gold. Congratulations.

I lived in Canada for a year and graduated from high school and they treated me like gold unlike a lot of places I moved to in the states.

Canada is a great country I'm just proud to be American

CRAP!!!!

LOL!!! That game coulda gone on forever, good thing somebody scored early.

Congrats to you Canucks!

Takin' second place to you guys ain't bad for a change.:cheers:

Best Hockey played anywhere for the longest time I can remember, and nobody else got either team to play at those levels.

Now about you guys takin' Detroit back...I'll give ya 50 bucks and the Lions...:D

Congrats to ya!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Phew, I had to towel off after that one.

It was a great game, with the Americans having the tenacity to match the skill of the Canadians when playing 5 on 5. However, 4 on 4 allowed the Canadian skill to dominate with the more open ice.

Believe me the city has been going nuts. Buses have been shut down through the downtown area due to the pedestrian congestion.

Brian Burke has been having a running feud with one of the local sport talk show hosts for several years now. It would have been fun to have the Americans win just to watch Burke lord over this loudmouth.

The team I feel sorry for is the Slovaks. They were playing so well and fell apart at the end.

That was some game!!! Even my 73yr old mum was watching it...and was on the phone to me as soon as Crosby scored to win it in overtime!!!

Even though my hockey is played on plastic with a ball. I REALLY enjoyed that game:clap::clap: Yay Canadia

Latest posts

Back