Echo Brand 2-Smoke Oil / Power Blend Gold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that’s right, ok, I’ll send a email. Was tts a product you used? I have heard a few people say they really like it, but it doesn’t seem to be as used as the other oils. Maybe a marketing thing?
TTS was popular here in EU.....trough 90s....

Its long discontinued now......

And as oil it was not a "clean burner".

TTS was popular here in EU.....trough 90s....

Its long discontinued now......

And as oil it was not a "clean burner".
I've never used TTS as it like most Castrol two cycle oils were never widely distributed in the US. A friend from Florida used it extensively snd he had nothing bad to say about it.

I managed to find out a little about these oils - that it is semi-synthetic and that some versions have a stabilizer...
In the country where I live, there is very little information about Echo oils and the people from the Echo representative have shown a lack of professionalism - they know less than me and I know almost nothing, that's why I ask you: can someone give the way to technical sheet of these oils?
Thanks in advance.

I managed to find out a little about these oils - that it is semi-synthetic and that some versions have a stabilizer...
In the country where I live, there is very little information about Echo oils and the people from the Echo representative have shown a lack of professionalism - they know less than me and I know almost nothing, that's why I ask you: can someone give the way to technical sheet of these oils?
Thanks in advance.
The technical sheets don't really tell you much.
It's decent oil and I would run it with out reaervation.

Thanks in advance.
Back when STIHL and others were still rejecting synthetic oils, and only had 1-2-yrs warranty, ECHO with POWER BLEND OIL was offering 5-yrs warranty, and it was a few years before all others switched over. I SWITCHED to POWER BLEND FOR THAT REASON after locking a piston ring on a new saw w/ a carbon coat like a magic marker mark on 40:1 name brand dino oil while milling w/ new saw. A new ring and cleaning piston groove and back in business for DIY $12 piston ring, after a "Expired, No warranty" and $640 shop quote, and I still run that saw with ZERO ISSUES.

MY LOGIC was "Echo believes in their oil", so I took a chance, and I am convinced on synthetics... apparently those other skeptic MFRS are also NOW convinced?

Back when STIHL and others were still rejecting synthetic oils, and only had 1-2-yrs warranty, ECHO with POWER BLEND OIL was offering 5-yrs warranty, and it was a few years before all others switched over. I SWITCHED to POWER BLEND FOR THAT REASON after locking a piston ring on a new saw w/ a carbon coat like a magic marker mark on 40:1 name brand dino oil while milling w/ new saw. A new ring and cleaning piston groove and back in business for DIY $12 piston ring, after a "Expired, No warranty" and $640 shop quote, and I still run that saw with ZERO ISSUES.

MY LOGIC was "Echo believes in their oil", so I took a chance, and I am convinced on synthetics... apparently those other skeptic MFRS are also NOW convinced?
Echo has always sold good oils.

I will run with Echo Power Blend on my 501.
Now I'm going to ask someone to bring me a bottle of Power Blend because in my country the quality is deceptive, regardless of the manufacturer or retailer, and Power Blend cannot be found anyway.
The producer has a double standard, the importer brings regardless of what is cheap enough and the trader is not interested in respecting the quality, but only to buy cheap and sell at least 100% more expensive.
So you buy online from foreign countries and ask someone to bring it to you... there is no direct transport from the seller.
I made the mistake of buying Stihl HP Ultra and after 5 tanks I noticed fine scratches on the piston ... for 28 USD! With my income of $800/month (a good income in my country), the $28 thrown away feels good.

Back