Echo Brand 2-Smoke Oil / Power Blend Gold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of like flooded cell starting batteries. The dustier the tops are the shorter the lifespan is. Always buy your starting batteries from a volume dealer, never from a mom and pop shop. I'll check the date codes for sure. Could be why I have good luck with Tru-Fuel. I buy it at Menards and they turn it over quickly.

Kazoo is 150 miles from here. North Toledo (20 in stock) is 18 miles from here. What I find somewhat arcane is my local Echo dealer cannot get it.

I don't know where you're located, just pulled a southern Michigan Home Depot location out of my hat, as an example. Worth checking your own area.

Your local Echo dealer can get Red Armor premix. They probably have a minimum order quantity to hit, you're the second person who's asked about it in the entire time they've been in business, and they don't want to order 10 cans, sell you 4, and sit on the remaining 6 until entropy takes us all.

I have heard that true fuel uses red armor. No idea as to the validity of that statement though.

TruSouth has their own oil. Doubtful they're using someone else's oil.

They only specify "synthetic oil", though. Might be intentionally vague, so they can run whoever's oil happens to be available or was in the mixer doohickey last, without having to change labeling and all that.

Actually, I asked them to get me a full case but no luck. Wanted to sell me VP (which they stock) but I wanted the Echo, not the VP. 4 is a full case btw. New dealer up town but he only has the quarts and I want big cans not quarts. I'll go to the Toledo HD and check the cans out and check the date codes and the amount of dust on them as well.

Dealer's min might have been 10 cases, not 1 case. I'm spitballing as to what the reason might have been. He might have had a higher markup on VP and thought you'd just go for that, instead of walking out. My day job is sales, I'd have offered you as close as I could get to what you wanted, and preferably more than one option along those lines. Let the customer choose - as long as both choices involve buying from me. It might have been a pallet of Red Armor premix ordered from the factory, or me ordering a case of Red Armor Premix from Home Depot and marking it up from there, but I'd have offered you options.

I'd have been comfy running VP 40:1 as well, if it was cheaper. Price, and 40:1 instead of 50:1, was why I settled on TruFuel. Started mixing my own again after getting my 500i, but will likely go back to Trufuel. Even cutting up all I can for other folks, I just don't use enough fuel to be worth mixing my own. My saws are the only two strokes I own, all my other garden equipment is battery electric.

Lots of good options out there.

There's nothing wrong with truful, vp, red armor, or husqy premixed fuel. They all use certified oil and Alkylate fuel, which has a very long shelf life stored in the can and won't give near the issues when stored in equipment. I've been milking this last gallon of truful for like 2 years now. Only use it for storage so I don't go through. Lowes does offer a quantity price break, although it isn't much, vp has some decent discounts from time to time as well.

A useless fuel for thought.
When I was a punk I worked at a grease and oil blending plant.
Many times I filled multiple branded containers from the same spigot.
I asked a master blender as they were called about this.
He smiled and said "meets or exceeds".

Been down the road of gunked up carbs from stale e-gas before, why I have an ultrasonic cleaner filled with Berryman's B12 Chemtool. Been down the algae in diesel too (why I use biocide in my diesel fuel) as well. Last go around with algae cost me over a grand in parts and I did the grunt work myself.

Could be my Echo dealer has a mini mum order, kind of wish they had told me that actually. I like supporting my local dealers both with saws and tractors as well as implements. Thinking about selling out actually. I'm probably sitting on a half mil in farm equipment, all paid for too.

Being 73, farming is getting harder every year, there is no joy in it for me anymore. I used to like it but it's become drudgery. Of course my wife wants me to liquidate so I can spend more home time, heck, I just came in from the field. Maybe it's time to sell the motorcycles too, have 3 of them.

Nice to have climate controlled tractors but I still have to deal with idiots on the roads when going to and from the fields. I'll keep the land and rent it out. I'm formulating the end game in my mind presently.

Took me years to accumulate all of it, maybe it's time to cash in. I also own complete machine shop and employ 2 guys but that is easier than farming.

I run VP 94 octane gas in all my saws, weed trimmers. Not ever a problem using it. One can i had was 3yrs old, still burned good.
I get it right at our local Agway/True Value store for $26.99 per gallon can. The others brands seem to be quite a bit more money vs VP in my area.

GUARANTEED 2 YEARS IN THE TANK & 5 YEARS IN THE SEALED CAN
1686099962243.png
1686100317028.png

Hmm here is the front and back of one, it’s on the JASO list as FD but doesn’t have anything on the bottle? It’s down as tts and power 1?
In this case it says both are FD but many are the same name with different ratings.

View attachment 1088248
View attachment 1088255
View attachment 1088257
The cert numbers listed are often times for specific countries. I woukd send off an email to Castrol.
I believe this product is what replaced TTS, which was a decent product. Sadly in the US we have very few offerings from Castrol anymore.

The cert numbers listed are often times for specific countries. I woukd send off an email to Castrol.
I believe this product is what replaced TTS, which was a decent product. Sadly in the US we have very few offerings from Castrol anymore.
Yes that’s right, ok, I’ll send a email. Was tts a product you used? I have heard a few people say they really like it, but it doesn’t seem to be as used as the other oils. Maybe a marketing thing?

Back