Merry Christmas...Remembering the Reason For The Season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and thank you to all my AS friends and customers. Thank you for your support during this year, which was difficult at times. We'll be heading to Mom's house here in a little while. On this Christmas morning, I'm so thankful for the Christian heritage and testimony my Dad left us. He quoted us this scripture as he laid in the hospital, just a few days before he passed.

Dad%27s%20Head%20Stone%20Back-L.jpg

Dad%27s%20Head%20Stone%20Front-L.jpg

Dad was a giant among men. Few men had the grit, strength, endurance, and character my Dad had. But, more importantly, he knew the Reason For The Season. Dad lived his life to please and serve Jesus Christ, the only reason for Christmas. I pray that you too may know the peace of Jesus on this Christmas morning 2014. I take rest today knowing that Dad has made it safely to his final home. If that's not cause for Christmas celebration, I don't know what is!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This was these day we took Dad to the ER, only a few days before he passed.
IMG_1995-L.jpg

IMG_1979-L.jpg

30-IMG_7163-L.jpg

Just last summer, putting a new roof on his house.
IMG_4327-L.jpg

My brother and myself with Dad.
IMG_0015-L.jpg

1966 on their honeymoon. Look at those guns!
0043_2-L.jpg

A hard working man that always provided for his family.
0059-L.jpg

Always there to lend a helping hand. This time it was blowing insulation.
IMG_9329-L-L.jpg

He loved his grandkids, letting them paint his toes and feet, lol.
P1010046_2-L.jpg

EVERYONE loved Dad. He was a silly guy that loved to have fun.
DCP_0472-L.jpg

Father of the year 2004
IMG_5606-L.jpg

Dad's 046 Magnum that I now have.
IMG_0053-L.jpg

Here he is running it at a GTG he went to with me.
IMG_3201-L.jpg

Giving him a "currly wig", made with Stihl041S' 066 w/ 60" bar.
IMG_3275-L.jpg

I met your dad at the GTG pictured above. Very passionate and out going. Thanks for bringing him and letting us get to know him a bit. I can see you absorbed a lot of his qualities.

I lost one of my best friends this year, reflecting on the positive memories seems to help me the most.

Merry Christmas and may we all be thankful for what we have!

My wife and I lost our dads many years ago. We lost our moms both within 2 months this fall. Its hard this Christmas but as you said much to celebrate as they are resting without pain in their heavenly home. So thankful we have our faith in Jesus Christ whose birth we remember on this day. For without his birth we would never had His death and resurrection to pay for our sins!!! Merry Christmas to all here.....

So thankful we have our faith in Jesus Christ whose birth we remember on this day. For without his birth we would never had His death and resurrection to pay for our sins!!! Merry Christmas to all here.....

Amen blsnelling & bcsman! Two of the most important post ever! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Brad people seem to forget the true meaning of Christmas....everyone thinks christmas is about gettin the latest gadgets and who got more, but its truly about spending it with the ones you love and celebrating the birth of jesus...hope you had a great christmas as well as everyone here...although I never met your father he had to be a great man to have had such a great son, and im sure he's smiling down on you right now....

Brad, someone used the word absorbed. You absorbed the lessons a dad has to teach his son. Now, you also reflect the values that he shared with you. Surely you will always miss him, but he will be IN you all of your days. Here again, just about as good as it gets. I'm glad you share this kind of stuff with us, I think it helps knit us together. God bless, DW

Back