Messiest work bench on AS thread..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, this may take a while.

First, we gotta get to the door...

View attachment 440648

My poor Multiquip 6k waiting to get back in...

View attachment 440650

Ooof...

View attachment 440651

View attachment 440652

View attachment 440653

View attachment 440654

View attachment 440655

View attachment 440656

That empty rectangular area in the shelves, center of the above picture is where my old Kenwood receiver lives. I was last out here almost two months ago to take it to a friends electronic shop to have him clean it all up and take the crackle out of the controls. Ooof, like I said, this garage is a disaster zone. Almost to the workbench...

View attachment 440657

Now the prize for making it this far...

View attachment 440659

Damn. Farrah looks good as always, but holy cow was this the messiest workbench or what?

Ugh...

:numberone: :cheers:

What is that old open case 1 lunger under the bench there? I have a friend with a bunch of them.. some really massive ones too (36" flywheels)

I thought my bench was bad, but it just really doesn't compare.. there are good days and bad days of course..

You should have seen our old shop.. perhaps that's worthy of a picture.

Wish I had room on my bench to work on a chainsaw.
I boxed up my Briggs 6N that's torn down for a rebuild to make more room.
I still have a Tec VH 60, and a Tec V 60, both torn down for rebuilds on the bench.
Plus 4 Tec carbs in pieces. Sorry no pics.

What is that old open case 1 lunger under the bench there? I have a friend with a bunch of them.. some really massive ones too (36" flywheels)

I thought my bench was bad, but it just really doesn't compare.. there are good days and bad days of course..

You should have seen our old shop.. perhaps that's worthy of a picture.

Good eye.

That's a first-year 1 1/2 hp Gilson "Johnny on the spot" engine from 1913. That one is my Wifes, we've had it for oh jeez about 20 years I guess? If you look real carefully at the left end of the workbench just to the right of the drill press, you'll spot the back end of an old old goulds water pump on the bench. It's a good sized sucker (boo, bad pun...) that is both belt drive and manually driven by a big ol lever that you could stand there and push-pull back and forth. Plan was, and still is I guess, to restore that pump and belt it to the Gilson if we ever get back into doing the shows. One fun project we always talked about doing was running a big ice cream maker off that Gilson engine too. Thinking the further along we get, the better some fresh, scratch-made ice cream sounds...

Here's an ad, and a u-tube link to someone else's running: http://buzzcoil.brinkster.net/gilson/adv1913a.jpg (click the link for the ad to open up)

We've had a number of them over the years, passed all of them along except for hers which you see there under the bench and two Galloway engines of mine - one a 3 hp the other either a 5 or 6 I can't remember. Hope to have the larger one running a saw at our CT GTG in November.

I missed out on one years ago at a farm auction.. I got it running right there and the owner said he'd give me half my money back if I bought it.. I should have. We also just sold a Fairmont 2 cycle engine from a railway speeder.. not a very rare find, but they were 8hp, 13hp peak, and reversible... I'll have to find a picture of my friends

Right on. That Fairmont sounds pretty cool. Hava look at our official CT autumn GTG thread, I just put up a short video clip of my 5hp (or is it 6? Lol) Galloway running. Be cool to see a pic of your buds!

I guess I'll add mine, its not anywhere near as bad as it used to be. :)

0907151055_zpsxcnfzhhz.jpg

Mines not exactly a mess. But if you count how fun automatic transmissions are I may be able to compete. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441643195.870026.jpg

Regards-Carlo

Mines so bad i won't go in it.it's snake season ya know.:laugh: no lie there is 7-8ft black snake sheds all over the place.:innocent: not that black snakes bother me but theres plenty of copperheads around too.
Same here. I do go in i just survey the area before entering. Mostly black snakes about 3-5ft long. We do have some venomous snakes. What species I couldn't tell you. Had a pair of black snakes come out from under my wood stove about a month ago. I was standing at my lathe. Stomp on the ground and they go running.

Regards-Carlo

Mines so bad i won't go in it.it's snake season ya know.:laugh: no lie there is 7-8ft black snake sheds all over the place.:innocent: not that black snakes bother me but theres plenty of copperheads around too.

Funny you mention that. I opened one of the big doors yesterday and one took off. It went around and lost him by the entry door. o_O

Latest posts

Back