Meteor Cylinder Quality

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you use one of these cylinders on a saw you're paying $250 to have ported?

• Total voters
Wow, you're really reaching for that one. That was an honest mistake and was made right. You're simply making my point, with a total disregard for the truth.

Besides, that whole thing was set up anyway. That saw is still running strong today.

I notice you conveniently avoided the post before Scooterbum's. Was it to logical for you to follow?

FWIW, If you were half the man that Steve is you should consider yourself lucky. For you to imply that he is anything but honest is just a chicken #### move on your part to try and deflect.

Keep digging, eventually you'll get out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's because all you post is mud slinging crap, and I give you the time of day that you deserve..none!

I'm going to follow Randy's lead and step out of this. At this point, it maters not what i say. You will find fault with it.

That's because all you post is mud slinging crap, and I give you the time of day that you deserve..none!

I'm going to follow Randy's lead and step out of this. At this point, it maters not what i say. You will find fault with it.

All I did was quote your own posts and respond to them. I'm sorry that you don't have enough confidence in your own bull#### to even attempt to defend it in a rational manner.

when people are taking note........ "it rarely matters what you say, just how you say it". People remember how you make them feel, long after they forget what you did to make them feel that way. That's not directed at anyone particularly, we as a community would all do well to keep that in mind.

when people are taking note........ "it rarely matters what you say, just how you say it". People remember how you make them feel, long after they forget what you did to make them feel that way. That's not directed at anyone particularly, we as a community would all do well to keep that in mind.

ALL SO TRUE :msp_w00t:

I believe you would do well to follow Randy's lead in more ways than to ditch a hornets nest that you poked a hole in.

You might have noticed that whenever you slam something on AS it never works out well for you.

A couple of you guys have said about the same as what I was thinking. The saws, like the parts we choose to build them, as well as the choice of builder; doesnt really matter all that much. This is a great group here at AS.

The only thing that matters to me is that the builder will stand behind the product, and if theres a problem help me to resolve it. I am confident most all of the competent builders here have the integrity to do this.

I for one, would have my feelings hurt more by weakening the discussion and fellowship here at AS with petty bull####.

Lets just keep having HEALTHY debates and be courteous to fellow members. After all, we might just learn something.

Last edited:
I tell my boys all the time "Perception is reality" irregardless of what the intent was. I have often deleted post before hitting the send button after reflecting on what it would stir up.
I applaud Randy, Tree Monkey,Simon,Dennis and Terry for taking porting to the next level, acutally doing machine work that is consisent, accurate and most importantly repeatable. Randy and others have shared their work in detail, no big secrets, allowing others to either do it themselves or have the confidence they are sending it to someone with a machinist background, the days of having port work done by a guy with just a dremel tool is by and large over, most are capable of doing that themselves if they read all the post on here. The bar has simply been raised from where it was two years ago. Most are capable of doing a piston and cylinder swap, it's easy peasy, Randy is breaking ground with the option of providing a customer a ported, blue printed after market cylinder, the way I look at it, it is far from the way it came from him, all the obvious defects have been removed/re-worked, I have no problem believing after his massaging it would outperform most if not all stock set up's. Don't know the exact pricing but I'll bet it would save a guy a 100.00, save more than half that in shipping so the savings might be even more. Someone has to be the pioneer in any endeavor.

I do think a poster had it right, Brad should hook up with after market supplier and work with them to make a product that meets his specs, it would be a service to the chainsaw community, lots of profit potential there. 20 porting jobs will buy a ticket to Tawian or China, believe me from expierence if they can mfg to Cummins and Mercedes standards they can meet Brad's, they can make any quality you want, you just have to pay for it.

People getting all antsy in their pantsy around here. You'd think this was more important to the world than taxes and gun control :D

Srs intrwb bznass in hurrrrr str8 facez ppl str8 facez

Wow, you're really reaching for that one. That was an honest mistake and was made right. You're simply making my point, with a total disregard for the truth.

Besides, that whole thing was set up anyway. That saw is still running strong today.

Honest mistake? Setup?
Surely you can do better then that.
Not that far of a reach really.

Randy is breaking ground with the option of providing a customer a ported, blue printed after market cylinder, the way I look at it, it is far from the way it came from him, all the obvious defects have been removed/re-worked, I have no problem believing after his massaging it would outperform most if not all stock set up's.

:clap::clap:

Back