Meteor Cylinder Quality

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you use one of these cylinders on a saw you're paying $250 to have ported?

• Total voters
WatsonR, you're right. I do owe you an appology. I already did that with Mastermind and have been thinking all day that I should probably do this publicly. While I stand by my opinion of the quality, the way I went about this was in very poor taste. I have given both of you guys every reason to be upset with me. For that, I am sorry. To be honest, I'm embarrassed as well. I thought I had learned this lesson, but obviously not. I let my passion and strong opinion get in the way of my better judgement. Moving forward, I will do my best to temper my opinions with better judgement.

It's not a pizza but it sounds good to me.................we're just human of course!

When I'm finished with my piece of this, I think I'd like some apple or cherry pie.

humblepie.png

I wanted that smokey, brick oven flavor, so I put my stone and pizza on my webber. Bad idea. Split the stone into 3 pieces. There is a pizza stone on Amazon that will handle charcoal grill heat, but I don't remember the name of it.

Just put it straight on the grates. Oil and cook one side slightly then oil the top and flip when it's starting to get crispy on the bottom. Add sauce/ingredients and cook until cheese melts.

We do it all the time for party's on the patio. Everyone gets to put on the toppings they want and the smokey flavored homemade dough goes great with a nice Cabernet.

When I'm finished with my piece of this, I think I'd like some apple or cherry pie.

humblepie.png

Eh, don't beat yerself up too much - s'not the first and definitely not the last argument to go down here!

Appreciate the fact you're healthy enough to get out of bed every day to have said argument! ::thumbsup::

Join the party - there's plenty of room for everyone! :rock:

Last edited:
Just put it straight on the grates. Oil and cook one side slightly then oil the top and flip when it's starting to get crispy on the bottom. Add sauce/ingredients and cook until cheese melts.

We do it all the time for party's on the patio. Everyone gets to put on the toppings they want and the smokey flavored homemade dough goes great with a nice Cabernet.

To go with a smokey flavor I like a chianti :D

would save a guy a 100.00, save more than half that in shipping so the savings might be even more. Someone has to be the pioneer in any endeavor.

I do think a poster had it right, Brad should hook up with after market supplier and work with them to make a product that meets his specs, it would be a service to the chainsaw community, lots of profit potential there. 20 porting jobs will buy a ticket to Tawian or China, believe me from expierence if they can mfg to Cummins and Mercedes standards they can meet Brad's, they can make any quality you want, you just have to pay for it.

I hate to do this, but so what, it's still coming from Tawian or China. I try and spend my money on other countries, even if it's at a cost. IMHO this is the exact type of thinking that got us to where we are today. Just my opinion, which means nothing on the internet.

Last edited:
Back