Michigan mini-GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love too, but I will probably have to work and I have other plans on the 6th. If, I'm free on saturday, I may head up for the heck of it, but work isn't looking good for time off any time soon....lol

-Steve

Ive got access to plenty of logs, 8 to 12 foot long, cottonwood ranging from 12" to roughly 40". Ive also got quite a bit of White Ash, 8' long, anywhere from 12" to 24". If anyone wants to volunteer their truck and large trailer, we can get them out in a couple loads. I have acces to a loader at the loading site, but getting them off I cant help with unless we can just roll them off.

Otherwise I can use my trailer, and get one or two logs at a time, but would still need a loader to unload them.

Ive also got a bit of white oak, and one red maple, but those are waiting for the mill!!!

Hmmmm. Tempting. But there is a chainsaw competion on the 6th here in Ohio.

Last edited:
There is a chainsaw race at a local fair. A bunch of local guys from the board should be there. I will try to find a link, but it is more along the lines of a small time race with 10x10 poplar. Not exactly the best to try out long bars...lol

I've never been to one, but if you fellas want to use my place, you are all welcome here, Heck, you could check out my mill, even try your saws on it.
Mark

Its $5 a saw per class at a local fair. Stock appearing saws only. Same saw can only be run once in each class. I got to try it on the 6th. So I know i cant run up there on the 5th. Maybe next year.

Mark, If you get somthing going let us know. i could bring some wood and sawing blocks. Might even have a saw or two to bring. hey do you know Curt Hieser? He lives in Mio. Back in the 60s we hauled logs to a mill in Frederic.They made souviners out of them all they used was basswood.

Rick

HELSEL said:
Mark, If you get somthing going let us know. i could bring some wood and sawing blocks. Might even have a saw or two to bring. hey do you know Curt Hieser? He lives in Mio. Back in the 60s we hauled logs to a mill in Frederic.They made souviners out of them all they used was basswood.

Rick
Rick,
Don't know Curt. The old plack shop is still doing it in the same place.
I just put cedar log rails on Herald's house Friday. I told him that you are on the site.
He is supposed to hook me up with another Helsel for some cedar.
If we can get something going I will let ya know for sure. Oh ya, I'm always looking for cedar.
Mark

Latest posts

Back