Michigan mini-GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, you hear that? YOU ARE ON!!! Everyone, the GTG is at Carvinmarks. Anyone that wants to caravan, or are coming from out of town, we can meet up near lansing here and then truck up north. I will get Marks address and print up some maps.

CaseyForrest said:
Mark, you hear that? YOU ARE ON!!! Everyone, the GTG is at Carvinmarks. Anyone that wants to caravan, or are coming from out of town, we can meet up near lansing here and then truck up north. I will get Marks address and print up some maps.

Heck yes!!!
We will have a blast. Lets all get a time set up, I'm open for whenever you all want.
Mark

CaseyForrest said:
Ok, I have Marks address. Send me a PM if you are going and your email address and I will send you a map.

What is everyone bringing for saws? I have a few saws that i can bring.
Maybe a few mods. i might bring a few vintage saws.Hey how about the saw that won Webster or Nelsonville or The logging congress. We have them let me know.

Rick

Im not the modded saw type guy. Just a stock 660, 460, and maybe the 260 and the CSM.

Lets get a list going of whos bringing what for food. If Mark has a grill, Ill bring some burgers and brats. I can also swing a couple cases of beer if you all tell me what you like.

My Muffler modded 460 will be running against computerusers muffler modded 7900. That was the initial reason for a GTG in the beginning.

I would really like to run Marks 084 in the CSM, Id like to have a comparison between 121 cc and 92 cc.

CaseyForrest said:
Im not the modded saw type guy. Just a stock 660, 460, and maybe the 260 and the CSM.

Lets get a list going of whos bringing what for food. If Mark has a grill, Ill bring some burgers and brats. I can also swing a couple cases of beer if you all tell me what you like.

My Muffler modded 460 will be running against computerusers muffler modded 7900. That was the initial reason for a GTG in the beginning.

I would really like to run Marks 084 in the CSM, Id like to have a comparison between 121 cc and 92 cc.

I have a grill !!! and a fridge in the shop. Some really hot saws would be cool too. I can have a friend bring in his brush hog to get rid of the picker bushes. I tried out my 084 today for the first time(not on the mill yet). It will be on the mill by this weekend. I'll have some wood there for ya to try it out.
So, what day is this happening?????
Mark

Hey guys,
I am about 4 miles east of I-75. We have a grocery store and two gas stations within 5 miles.All are welcome.
Mark

CaseyForrest said:

I have a pretty good running 7900 bone stock.

Rick

Yeah, Ive never timed one saw against another. Should be interesting.

Tree, come on down and show us a thing or two, other than you know how to run your mouth!!!:cheers:

Didnt know there was more to it than starting the saw up, pulling the trigger and putting it to the wood!!!:greenchainsaw:

CaseyForrest said:
Yeah, Ive never timed one saw against another. Should be interesting.

Tree, come on down and show us a thing or two, other than you know how to run your mouth!!!

Didnt know there was more to it than starting the saw up, pulling the trigger and putting it to the wood!!!:greenchainsaw:

Somehow Cassey I knew you was gonna post exactly what you said. I don't know if Tree was teasing or not but now it makes no differance.

Cutting pancakes doesn't require alot of tree knowledge other than don't force the saw so much that the chain stops in middle of the cut. If that happens so goes your chances of winning. Keep it cutting all the way through, nice and steady and smooth. Good thing I'm not in your area Cassey. I'd whip out my BR600 blower and blow all those saws away,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

CaseyForrest said:
Thall, you in? Ive got those pennies ready for ya....

Aww would love to be there with all you guys having fun and playing with saws but thats a might long ride from Virginia. Therefore yaw must takes lots of pictures for us far away guys to look at , ya hears me. Take the pennies and buy lots of film.....................

CaseyForrest said:
I bet my bg55 would take your br600.....

The last BG55 that tried got sucked throught my BR600 fan Cassey. Last time we saw it it was passing a 747,lol. Are you going to take the King to the shoot out, I mean cut off, I mean NasTree event??? If ya do just remember if you scratch it its no longer the King for mine has yet to see wood or human hands other than being sit upon the throne,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

CaseyForrest said:
But a REAL king works. A king that doesnt work is merely a prince!!!

attachment.php
A real King has lots of knights to do all the work while he sits upon the throne and watches, see what I mean,

Last edited:
Back