Midwest get-together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've praised Chainsaw Barney's quite highly here, though not by name.

Darin at East Side Farm Equipment on 59 just north of Monroe (no Stihl sign up, and Darin brings to mind a full-sized Opie Taylor) is one heck of a guy too.  I'm glad I don't live exactly midway between them, that's for sure.  I grew up in Janesville and have some family in the general area.  The house was rather a "favor"able undertaking for this Hoosier.

Glen

Originally posted by glens
I've praised Chainsaw Barney's quite highly here, though not by name,
Glen

I hope I have the name correct. Anytime my wife and I are on vactation the first thing I do when I get to a hotel is check out the yellow pages for chain saw and tool dealers. I noticed the ad for "Chain Saw Barney's" and knew I just had to check it out the next day. I had a heck of a time finding it. It was in a more residential neighborhood but was well worth the hunt. He had a couple Lighting/Contra's but of course he would not sell them to me.

Bill

That's the place, but he had a couple more than a couple when I was there...  I couldn't hardly believe he had a new 088/36" sitting on the shelf ready to go.  That's the sign of a good businessman in my book; none of this "oh, you need one?  I'll order it right away" stuff.  He's got it all in stock, from saws, bars & chains to protective boots, chaps, headgear, and even log handling tools.

He teaches some kind of woodsmanship and chainsaw safety classes at the community college.  Heck of a nice guy, and he knows a bit about what he sells, which is getting uncommoner these days.

Glen

It sounds like the get-together in Ontario was a fun time!

Where was it - Hamilton? That's probably 3 hours or so from my house and it allows the western NY and PA guys to make a short trip.

Back