MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at one of of Terry's GTGs a year or two ago....someone fired up a 7900 and dropped it in a log, and I could tell it was turning at least 1000 RPM faster in the cut than any saw I brought. Heck, I thought my 372 was mean, but this 7900 would chew it up and spit it out....

Never have I found a stronger/faster/just meaner saw than a well built 7900/10

I was at one of of Terry's GTGs a year or two ago....someone fired up a 7900 and dropped it in a log, and I could tell it was turning at least 1000 RPM faster in the cut than any saw I brought. Heck, I thought my 372 was mean, but this 7900 would chew it up and spit it out....

Never have I found a stronger/faster/just meaner saw than a well built 7900/10
I'm can't argue. Will a 7900 coil work on this saw. The thing is so close to rev limiter I'm afraid to lean it out anymore. Lol. Another 500 rpm maybe the ticket. 12500 on 7910 and 13000 on 7900 correct?

I'm not 100% Carl. Heck, I'd try it.

Are the flywheels the same part number? If so the coils should swap.

Early higher rpm coil is differentand also NLA.not sure if they interchange. Dolmar says that they don't and if you need to replace the early coil that you must replace coil and flywheel as a set. This is all based on memory. I posted the tech bulletin in nnero's 7900 thread I think

Early higher rpm coil is differentand also NLA.not sure if they interchange. Dolmar says that they don't and if you need to replace the early coil that you must replace coil and flywheel as a set. This is all based on memory. I posted the tech bulletin in nnero's 7900 thread I think
Thank you. I just know I pulled the part numbers and they where the same.

Back