MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only mod I made on the carb was to slot the high needle so it didn't take a special wrench. I am gonna order a HD12 carb to try on one if that helps. Lol. And what are you meaning on the trans? How did I raise them.?

How did you widen them/make the intake side go closer to the intake?

How did you widen them/make the intake side go closer to the intake?
Those are not actually widened just cleaned up to the chamfers. But i use a right angle cc specialty tools grinder. 15sr kit is what I have. There are many ways. Dremel with cut off wheels, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how this port timing would work without milling the base of the jug? I don't have a mill to do so. Ive sharpened my lower transfers and cleaned up my intake/exhaust ports im tempted to square up the ports and call it a day.

Does anyone have any idea how this port timing would work without milling the base of the jug? I don't have a mill to do so. Ive sharpened my lower transfers and cleaned up my intake/exhaust ports im tempted to square up the ports and call it a day.
IMO lathing the base and squish band is an important key to this formula. Don't get me wrong opening up the saw will help you out. But doing the squish band and base does 3 important things. It lowers your intake, gives you more comp which is important to the torque, and it gives your upper trans more time/area.

I liked that question and answer!! I think the Dolmars are a little more difficult to get the performance out of and a certain combination of steps to get there... I figured the cuts would help in timing changes and waking up the saw.....and does the combination ever wake them up!!!

I measured, I should be around .020" squish without a base gasket. Just squaring up my ports and cleaning up casting crud in the transfers cant hurt me can it? Please let me know if this is OT, I dont want to muck up the direction of this thread. How much would you charge me to machine my base and squishband if I sent my jug in?

Carl, Thanks for this great thread. I don't need a saw that big but CAD has me thinking...

Latest posts

Back