MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never said I was smart . But at least it would be off lol.
Did you try heating the flywheel with a heatgun and giving it a pop with a piece of wood

Sent from my phone when I should be working
No I'll wait and make bolts on Monday if I haft to.

They do this to us canadains . what really grinds my gears is when john Deere use both sets of measurement on all there tractors . drives me up the wall . but everything now a days is metric / imperial . yaaaahhhhh more tools ( more money down the drain ) .
Speaking from experience I agree....

Never can win haha
Sent from my non internal combustion device.

I can't d & t it cause those bolts hold the starter paws in. Lol.

Thats funny cause I called my tech line and ask the bolt size and the removal procedure is to put a thread cover on the crank and smack the end of the crank. I told them that ain't happening. Lmao.

That's how I remove all of my flywheels. Just need a good nut on the end of the crankshaft and a little sense

Here's a pic of the flywheel. These with a built in key are really hard to measure and say remove .050 and you get 5°. So I'll show you how I do it. I remove from the side of the key the arrow points to so I can rotate the flywheel counter clockwise.

Attachments

• 20150307_101333.jpg
    20150307_101333.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 49
I remove the flywheel then just sit it back on. I put my piston stop in and rotate the flywheel ccw till it hits then I mark tue flywheel and cases. Then you can remove the piston stop and mark the degrees you want using your degree wheel and then screw the piston stop back in and screw it in till you marks line back up. File the key until it lines up with your second mark. This is 6°. Roughly 7.5 mm between marks.

Attachments

• 20150307_095246.jpg
    20150307_095246.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 30
What has worked well for me when setting timing on these saws, is to remove the built-in key completely using a carbide bur, and use a degree wheel on the PTO side to record the movement. Take a baseline reading at the magnet/coil before disturbing.

Here is what happens at about 35° total advance, using a 272 unlimited coil.
IMG_20150221_112541_667.jpg

Here's a pic of the flywheel. These with a built in key are really hard to measure and say remove .050 and you get 5°. So I'll show you how I do it. I remove from the side of the key the arrow points to so I can rotate the flywheel counter clockwise.
I've never seen a rounded keyway like that before. Is the crank dimpled round like that too?

What has worked well for me when setting timing on these saws, is to remove the built-in key completely using a carbide bur, and use a degree wheel on the PTO side to record the movement. Take a baseline reading at the magnet/coil before disturbing.

Here is what happens at about 35° total advance, using a 272 unlimited coil.
View attachment 409528

She got a little hot

Ok boys got 1 more vid for ya. I've got the timing all worked out and this is mainly by feel. But i like the 5° advance. The 27° blowdown saw seemed to respond better than the 29° blowdown. They have better throttle response and seem to recover better when you bog them down. But here's the finial bid of saw 1 ready to go.

Back