MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to thank everyone again for there participation in this thread. Hopefully there's some valuable info in here for you boys that wanna port your own saws. If not you know exactly what I'm gonna do to them if you send them my way or buy one from me. I have some catching up to do in the shop but hopefully we'll be on to the next model soon. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again AS!!! :cheers:

Fantastic results! That saw sounds awesome. Good on ya!
Thank you. It's really hard for me to decide which one I like better. They both run awesome in my opinion and the difference is very very little. I took 2 guys that had no knowledge of what I had did to these 2 and let them run them today. One choose saw 1 the other choose saw 2 as there favorite. I think it's more of the one you adjust too first. Lol

I re-read the either thread, but what are the final numbers on the two different saws? What's your final impression after the timing changes? do you like the higher top end of the 27* saw, or the bigger torque band of the 29* saw. I know I'll wanna build one someday.

It's a toss up. Final numbers were 102/129/80 and 102/31/80. I have one here I'm doing now and I will split the difference. And i think that will be the winner. Lol. 102/30/80. But there is very little difference in the 2. When cutting wood they will produce the same times. One can just be dawg a little harder.

Wow, I just read this whole thread. I have my 7900 apart on the bench now, this is just the thread I needed! I am so happy to FINALLY have someone sharing how to make these mysterious German innards even better.

Have you tried polemans carb mods on these saws?

Also, what do you use to get in to open up the transfers like that?

Wow, I just read this whole thread. I have my 7900 apart on the bench now, this is just the thread I needed! I am so happy to FINALLY have someone sharing how to make these mysterious German innards even better.

Have you tried polemans carb mods on these saws?

Also, what do you use to get in to open up the transfers like that?
The only mod I made on the carb was to slot the high needle so it didn't take a special wrench. I am gonna order a HD12 carb to try on one if that helps. Lol. And what are you meaning on the trans? How did I raise them.?

I think you'd get better results from modding the Zama. The HD will be a good carb but I didn't see the results as a warmed over Zama. The Zama will give the saw more bottom end from idle threw the power band and still feed fuel for the top end.

And on a ported saw like your it's turns the saw into a real beast....and there pretty unreal as your testing and videos show!!!

I think you'd get better results from modding the Zama. The HD will be a good carb but I didn't see the results as a warmed over Zama. The Zama will give the saw more bottom end from idle threw the power band and still feed fuel for the top end.

And on a ported saw like your it's turns the saw into a real beast....and there pretty unreal as your testing and videos show!!!
Can u send me a link to your carb mod thread?

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/posts/5270301/

Here's the thread...pretty long but a lot of good info and how things were arrived at.

This wasn't my idea but was encouraged by Terry Syd and he feed me a lot of info to get me up to speed. From there it was just working things out.

I think there has been some unpublished upgrades that make the carb totally adjustable and adjust more like a stock carb and a lot more user friendly.

FYI these same mods can be used on the older 365/372 Huskys with the same results.

I need to slow down long enough to put my results and findings in a thread to share with those interested in doing the modding themselves. I think it would be a real help to builders like yourself.

Thanks Nate, I've about got things put together so I can put things all together with pic's and some explanations and tuning tips.....it will be a lot shorter than the original.....but there was a lot of ideas exchanged there and discussions that this all lead up to.

I will make a Cliff Note version!!!!! Ya listening Randy??

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/posts/5270301/

Here's the thread...pretty long but a lot of good info and how things were arrived at.

This wasn't my idea but was encouraged by Terry Syd and he feed me a lot of info to get me up to speed. From there it was just working things out.

I think there has been some unpublished upgrades that make the carb totally adjustable and adjust more like a stock carb and a lot more user friendly.

FYI these same mods can be used on the older 365/372 Huskys with the same results.

I need to slow down long enough to put my results and findings in a thread to share with those interested in doing the modding themselves. I think it would be a real help to builders like yourself.
Awesome I will read it and look forward to seeing your results.

Thanks Nate, I've about got things put together so I can put things all together with pic's and some explanations and tuning tips.....it will be a lot shorter than the original.....but there was a lot of ideas exchanged there and discussions that this all lead up to.

I will make a Cliff Note version!!!!! Ya listening Randy??
O hell ya I want the cliff note version. Lmao.

Back