MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang that thing sounds good, holds easily noticeable higher rpm and never bogs in the slightest.

well u suck.... o_O cause now i want one of those... :rock::bowdown::clap:

nice work and thanks for the thread !!

Thank you. I just know I pulled the part numbers and they where the same.
When your looking at the 7900 ipl it shows the later coil and flywheel in the big picture but in the upper corner it shows early model which is the higher rpm coil....this is my understanding of it anyway...the coils are color coded too....talk to 166 he had some knowledge I didn't last time we went through this Because seems to me I am forgetting something

Danged impressive! Putting the wood in the wind.

Anyone ever take a magnet or compass and check the polarity on these flywheels?
Of course You'd need to check both flywheels in order to know of any difference.
And I'm talking about any flywheel or coil swap also, no matter what unit.

Very Nice !!!!!!

Based on my stopwatch, the stock cuts were at, 27, 23, and 25 seconds for an average of 25 seconds per cut. The ported cuts were all right at 16 seconds. So you shaved off 9 seconds per cut on average, which my redneck math tells me is a 36% improvement over stock! Now you've got me thinking I need to find a couple saws to sell real quick! Great work!

I was super impressed. I love the wide power band. You can pull this saw way down and it still hogs away. It's hard to explain other than it has excellent chain speed and does not require a light hand.

Nice

View attachment 405543 :happybanana:rubbin it in a little. this is my stock 7900

Ha, seems tight. I had to go check my stock 7900 after seeing that, its only 200.

Early higher rpm coil is differentand also NLA.not sure if they interchange. Dolmar says that they don't and if you need to replace the early coil that you must replace coil and flywheel as a set. This is all based on memory. I posted the tech bulletin in nnero's 7900 thread I think

From my research the red top 7900 black coil and black top 7900 burgundy coils have the same rpm limit. I believe either set would fit the 7910.

here is the tech bulletin on the 7900 coils for anyone interested.

posted by 166 on chainsaw repair.."I have five 7910's running on 7900 red coils with no issues. Two are stock saws with the SLR muffler and three are ported with the old style 7900 muffler."
13,500 limited

I knew i was forgetting something and at home on the phone its to slow and painful to search for information

Attachments

• 2005-11 Ignition PS-6400-7900.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
View attachment 404808 And here's a pic I will prob catch crap over. I am the first to admit I have a lot to learn but here I know the air and gas mix is in a gas form not a liquid but I like to run them under the faucet to try to understand how the trans are flowing. This one in particular the exhaust side trans I may pull the the edge closet to the exhaust a little more straight out on the next build. But like I said this is more me learning how each cylinder flows. And the directions my port work is aiming. On the port you see flowing. Both sides were head towards the intake when I started and you can see how I pulled the middle of the port around just a bit towards the center of the piston.

I do the same thing with the water, also with carb cleaner in the spray can, when I'm cleaning up the chips from grinding, before I lower the jug back onto the piston for more measuring.

Based on my stopwatch, the stock cuts were at, 27, 23, and 25 seconds for an average of 25 seconds per cut. The ported cuts were all right at 16 seconds. So you shaved off 9 seconds per cut on average, which my redneck math tells me is a 36% improvement over stock!

I love rednecked math.. Another thing to notice beyond just timed cuts is how consistent the timed cuts are on the ported saw. The stock saw had as much as a 4 second variation in cut speed, the ported was almost unmeasurable in diference. Bottom line is that the port job made that saw easier to cut with and keep on top of the big, fat powerband.

Back