MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember boys when I get this one built and see gains or losses we have 1 more so number suggestions are more than welcome to compare the 2. I am basically trying to work up an really good work saw recipe for this saw. Hopefully this will benifit all.

Remember boys when I get this one built and see gains or losses we have 1 more so number suggestions are more than welcome to compare the 2. I am basically trying to work up an really good work saw recipe for this saw. Hopefully this will benifit all.
This should be a good thread

If you took less out of the squish band, you could try one at 99 ex or so and go back if need be and correct.

Thats exactly where this one is headed. Lmao. But if above 102 kills them I won't explore that option. Thank you.

I'm not saying it will kill it........the exhaust height isn't the most critical element on this saw. Transfer height is. That said.....raising the exhaust isn't too beneficial either. Working RPM seems to come from engine design rather than porting.

Now when you start building saws that you wanna see really spin.......less compression, both primary and secondary, helps free up rpm.

So Randy this 7910s dual ports volume is already close to max without raising transfers much? Where is the biggest gain on this saw? Compression?

I'm not sure that I could nail down any one thing that nets the biggest gain........

Let's see what the OP comes up with here........I've derailed enough. lol

I hear u! Ive talked with Gary in pm on this one alil and interested in his build. Im just tryin to learn all I can while I got all u gurus in one place!!:dancing:

I'm not sure that I could nail down any one thing that nets the biggest gain........

Let's see what the OP comes up with here........I've derailed enough. lol
Derail away. This build thread will be slow as I don't have a lot of time in the evenings. The entertainment level must be kept up. Lol. I was just to anxious to see what u could do with one of these bad boys.

20150216_195443.jpg I marked out what I'm gonna do with the base but the side of the lower trans is still in thought process. Really leaning towards squaring the rear up like the front. Raising it the amount I took off the base and come out from the base square. So let's here some comments here.

Sachs Dolmar was always a good thing. Are they still German or is it chinese because of when Makita bought them out? By the way the Makitas look just like those things same saw in blue in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back