Mini Mac 35 ignition question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about anything and less about this. The ignition is in two parts. You have one that looks like any ignition module and another piece under the flywheel that can be removed only by removing the flywheel.

Which is most likely to be bad? Any way to test?

Part under the flywheel. The points are in there. They usually need adjusting, cleaning, or replacing. Have fun removing that thing from it's shell to get the flywheel off :dizzy:

I don't know much about anything and less about this.QUOTE]

ZJ -- I literally Laughed Out Loud. Funny, man....

These Mini-Mac's are tough to work on. As the other poster said, the engine has to come out of the cases. Getting the flywheel off after that, isn't too tough.

Can you get any local help/advice ??

Cheapest saws = hardest to work on....

Regards.

Thanks guys. I have it apart. But, I was hoping to avoid shotgunning the ignition. I suppose I could replace the condenser, stick a drill on the crank and see if I have fire, then the coil or whatever it is, then try the points. I assume they are set with a feeler gauge.

I'll probably just put it in the trading post and see if anybody wants it for shipping cost.

Thanks guys. I have it apart. But, I was hoping to avoid shotgunning the ignition. I suppose I could replace the condenser, stick a drill on the crank and see if I have fire, then the coil or whatever it is, then try the points. I assume they are set with a feeler gauge.

I'll probably just put it in the trading post and see if anybody wants it for shipping cost.

If you keep it, you will need to change your user name :)

Back