Mini skid.....who has one and what kind?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oak Savanna

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am demoing a Vermeer 650tx on Wednesday. I think it's time to get one. I am also gonna try the boxer 322D both with log grapples. I have a case skid steer that we use for lot clearing and jobs that don't have limited access but when we are tight for space the log dolly comes out and well everyone has pushed and pulled heavy wood around so I don't need to say anymore. What kind are you guys running and are you happy with them?!

I have a toro dingo tx425 wide track with a Ryans grapple. I wanna get a vermeers 800tx someday. I am happy with my dingo but wish I could pick up bigger/heavier pieces.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have a vermeer 650tx and love it! The 800 would be nice but I dont think it will go through a 36" and its nice to get through them. Dragging brush and humping out wood will be a thing of the past. Mine comes with us on 90% of the jobs.

I have a vermeer 650tx and love it! The 800 would be nice but I dont think it will go through a 36" and its nice to get through them. Dragging brush and humping out wood will be a thing of the past. Mine comes with us on 90% of the jobs.

I want it for the hard to get to places so I think the 650 will be the perfect size. The big skid steer will probably end up parked ( right beside the log dolly) until we are lot clearing or have some big wood to move.

DitchWitch SK-650. Indispensable.
Hoping to get a Ryans grapple for it this summer.

That was a 36" gate and dragging the brush and carting out the wood would of done more turf damage than the mini. The stump was over 36", the mini had to lift it over the top to get it out.

I've been looking to get one as well. Alot of guys around here have the vermeer minis and they seem incredibly handy. I would love one in the future.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You should look down a few threads (tracked loader vs skid vs compact loader). Type of mini skid is a huge topic on here, and most tree forums.

I have a Vermeer 650tx, and love it. As far as height reach and speed, vermeer and ditch witch are the best (these two machines seem to be the most popular). I prefer the joystick of the vermeer versus dual skid steer like sticks of the dw. But I wish the 650tx went faster backwards, and had a raised drive wheel.

I have some video of our 650tx with a bmg here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/2treekiller2/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I have the Ditch Witch sk755. It will not go through a 36" gate but I wanted a machine with a high hinge point and operating capacity. The last machine I had was a Boxer 427 with tracks and the Ditch Witch is a big step up in terms of speed and lift. It is also runs much smoother so I don't get the jarred feeling I used to when running the Boxer for a few hours. The higher lift than the Boxer also makes it easier to load my dump trailer or the back of my dump truck. I use a BMG grapple to move brush and wood.

The hinge pin height was important for me too. The 650tx is 80" and the sk755 is 81"

I wish my dingo had a higher lift pin height and lifting capacity. Only thing I dislike about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me what this? I am in NE Florida.
ehe5eda9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back