Mini skid.....who has one and what kind?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone tell me what this? I am in NE Florida.
ehe5eda9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a slim mushroom. I think it might even be edible but not sure about that and if it is I don't think they are very tasty.

We have the S800tx with BM grapple. It is 44 inches wide. Very powerful. It will pull the chip truck. Just drag the entire tree to chipper. Also have Toolcat and A300 with turf tires on both. Best all around is the toolcat. But the mini is amazing.
I heard the new Vermeer S800tx is now gas not diesel in USA. Bummer. I like the diesel. Fill it ounce a week.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me if the sk755 stand on platform folds up? If so approximately how much shorter is the overall length? I'm trying to get an idea of how close it can get to 8 ft in length with a bmg on the front. Thanks

Cedar,
I appreciate the info; please don't go out of your way on the measuring... I'm guessing it's going to come in somewhere around 108" / 110" range. I currently own a Boxer (older tl224}with bmg and put it in the back of my dump truck. I worked a few jobs last summer where a friend brought his sk650 and I was very impressed ... I'm thinking down the road. The specs on the 755 to include the 4.7 mph really get my attention. Going forward the idea of mounting the mini across the chipper without taking the bmg off gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. The fuel saved (no return trip to get the mini) and especially time saved on a lot of jobs would be very nice. I guess if I want to do it bad enough I could plan to constantly do the on / off thing with the bmg.

I like that setup as well. The chip capacity would sting me a little too much. Congrats on the new truck, looks awesome, Hino 338? Would love to hear a turning radius comparison to your Isuzu.

It actually is a 2003 international 4300 dt466, which is 2 years older than my Isuzu. But the international only has 47,000 on it, and was government owned. I am going 2' longer, and a foot higher on the new box (11'x6'x8'). I rather have the mini tied to the truck, then the chipper; the truck goes more places. Plus cheaper to set up, I would think.

That's one of the biggest issues I have with moving my mini to the job.
Right now I load it into the chip box or put it on a trailer (inconvenient at times).
Saw Arborpro had a setup like yours a while ago. Ideally I'd like that config you're planning in a hooklift, but I'm running out of room to put my equipment and a 4300 with several bins take up a lot of room. :laugh:

Turning radius wise, I was impressed so far. It was one of the first things I tried, when test driving it.

I had debated about the hook lift, but didn't due to: cost, weight, and placement.

Weight wise: with a 11' box full of chips, plus 5000lbs for platform and mini (may be a bit high on that weight) the truck will weigh around 26000. Which doesn't leave much for a hook lift, unless you go cdl.

Placement: do you go in front of, or behind, the platform? And either way, you lengthen the truck some.

How's the mini working? Any problems yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I luv the 650tx, and haven't had any major issues with it...that vermeer didn't cover. I prefer the single joystick design of vermeer

The 650tx is no longer in production though. They just announced a new model that will replace it.... 725tx.

Back