Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We doin' the same around here..
But the barn is full, so today will be a hedge post cutting day, and leftovers will go in the truck...
I should get started, but the coffee is real good this morning and stuff...
And it is a day of rest...
I'm in the shop fixing chain from yesterday...:laugh:

Yup , same here hedge, having a hard time getting motivated now that I have the fire going to take the chill out. My yard is a little too wet to be driving on with the truck so I have been loading up the 6X6 atv with wood, found out it will carry 1/2 a face cord stacked. So that would be 42 loads of wood. I think im going to wait till it dries out or freezes and I can haul with the truck and trailer. Got 2 more atv loads on the trailer and than that will be empty.

Beefie

A big thanks to Adam and Derrick, they came out to help me cut wood today. What a good time we had. Perfect wood cutting weather. Sarah smoked some chicken and ribs out in the woods and we had a kind of hillbilly picknic, MMMM!!! After all is said and done we hauled out 5 very large dumptruck loads of 12+ foot logs to my house this weekend, probably roughly 2 full cords per load. We also have a good 4 more loads sitting in the woods ready to load up and bring home. A good weekend like this and I am set for the winter!:biggrin:

I wish I had the equipment you guys have , it would make getting firewood so much easier. I took the family up to the hunting land to finish up brush hogging trails open. Got another area mowed for another food plot and found out that a tree that had been laying down on the edge of the trail for the last 3 years was a oak. Hooked on to it with the atv, couldn't move it. Broght the tractor to it and lifted it with the fel. Dragged it all the way out of the wood's driving in reverse. Had 42' of trunk before the top. Need to go back and get the top. Only 12" at the base, but first oak we had ever taken off the property in the 27 years that we have had it. Loaded up atv in back of the dodge and put the tractor on the trailer with 2' of brush hog hanging off the trailer, filled in the spaces with oak. Got home and weighed the combo 18,700 lb. glad I have working brakes on both axles, and the new dodge pulls it so nice, don't even no its back there.

Beefie

I NEED A BEER AFTER DOING ALL THIS TYPING

A big thanks to Adam and Derrick, they came out to help me cut wood today. What a good time we had. Perfect wood cutting weather. Sarah smoked some chicken and ribs out in the woods and we had a kind of hillbilly picknic, MMMM!!! After all is said and done we hauled out 5 very large dumptruck loads of 12+ foot logs to my house this weekend, probably roughly 2 full cords per load. We also have a good 4 more loads sitting in the woods ready to load up and bring home. A good weekend like this and I am set for the winter!:biggrin:

Y'all are welcome to come cut here any weekend. I'll send a load home with ya if need be.

Heck, that offer stands to anyone in this thread.

And Phil, if you need a place to come kill stuff, come on out. I got 80 acres here.

I'll post...

tymuruny.jpg

Its a good day in Dresser Wisconsin!!!

Back