Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what I'm more jealous of the DQ or the logs.

How's the mill going for ya so far? Those pictures looked like you have a pretty large area cleared out. How big is this mill?

the building the mill is in now is 40x100 and needs at least that mutch room
i'm hoping to build a 100x100 building
it's a bandmill with 6 foot wheals and 10inch wide band
View attachment 286543
View attachment 286544
that clock wheal is about 3 feet across

the building the mill is in now is 40x100 and needs at least that mutch room
i'm hoping to build a 100x100 building
it's a bandmill with 6 foot wheals and 10inch wide band
View attachment 286543
View attachment 286544
that clock wheal is about 3 feet across

Wow! That'd be awesome! Sounds like tons of work but probably well worth it. I'm taking a stab at a Husqvarna 61 right now ordered a new top end and getting the squish cut this week. 272 carb's are they easily modified?

Just got in from the garage, cuttin metal in the shapes like those in a packet that JD gave me. Thats all I'm gonna say on that for now. Quiet in here today.:msp_sleep:

Just got in from the garage, cuttin metal in the shapes like those in a packet that JD gave me. Thats all I'm gonna say on that for now. Quiet in here today.:msp_sleep:

Hey Andy do you have a raceish chain in the 3/8th's 68DL type thing that a guy might be able to use once?:wink2:

Haha like you run on your monkey'd 440 :hmm3grin2orange:

Thats a 20" 72dl. I just spent about 4 hours removing metal from that chain and now it doesn't cut for s#!t!!!!!!!!:msp_angry:
Time to start over. Oh well. I will get something going and bring it.:msp_biggrin:

Thats a 20" 72dl. I just spent about 4 hours removing metal from that chain and now it doesn't cut for s#!t!!!!!!!!:msp_angry:
Time to start over. Oh well. I will get something going and bring it.:msp_biggrin:

I'm only asking because the saw that seem's like I'm getting kinda laughed at for saying will compete in the 65 and under race I only have a 68 dl bar for. The chain on it is sharp and cuts fast but in the cookie business I'm not sure it's fast enough. The saw is on it's way to get the squish cut on a new top end and will have plenty of grunt to run a more aggressive chain. I'm just not sure how to make a race chain because I dont know anything about a square file nor do I have access to a silvey.

I'm only asking because the saw that seem's like I'm getting kinda laughed at for saying will compete in the 65 and under race I only have a 68 dl bar for. The chain on it is sharp and cuts fast but in the cookie business I'm not sure it's fast enough. The saw is on it's way to get the squish cut on a new top end and will have plenty of grunt to run a more aggressive chain. I'm just not sure how to make a race chain because I dont know anything about a square file nor do I have access to a silvey.

That's why I asked what mount it was... I got "stuff" you can use on race day, if needed.

I got a 16" you can use on it...
You'll need an 8 pin rim with a 61.
Torque saws...

It wont end up in the 65 and under class a class higher. I'll be honest about it, Stumpy's cutting my squish for a 272 top end. But I still plan on racing a 365 :msp_biggrin: I get 7cc handicap right?

Latest posts

Back