Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mabe Chris will bring out that untouchable 621 ,so we can put it in it's place

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Thought I would check in and ask where the MWID's GTG's are this spring? Do we have a full list or a list started?

The wife is already on my back about going to Hedgefest, Spring IA GTG's, and Mitch's this fall, but thought i would ask in case there is a good vacation spot near a GTG... Dual purpose vacation and all! :)

Cheers!
Nate

PS: any other home brewers in this thread?

Fall Grantsburg saw races are the weekend of 8-24, I believe. There's been talk of combining a GTG with the races, but nothing set in stone that I know of.

There's been discussion of a fall charity cut at WGP's cabin as well, but forget if there's been a date set for that yet.

Maybe because its a open house for a jonsered/dolmar dealer, and im sure hes joking. Nstueve dont get the stihl guys all worked up.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

That's profiling. I have talked with WGP about a purchasing a redhead Adam and you know that. That's another reason why I'm attending this gtg.

Fall Grantsburg saw races are the weekend of 8-24, I believe. There's been talk of combining a GTG with the races, but nothing set in stone that I know of.

There's been discussion of a fall charity cut at WGP's cabin as well, but forget if there's been a date set for that yet.

We still have plenty of down timber from the July '11 storm to clean up at our place. But I don't think we want all our firewood cut into cookies.

I got a chain or 2 you can try, nothing insane but they are fast. As long as the hedge doesnt eat them in mo.

I got a chain or 2 you can try, nothing insane but they are fast. As long as the hedge doesnt eat them in mo.

It will, but you can sharpen them again...
Hint:
Leave a little more metal to support the point and cutting edge, then the wood won't peel the chrome layer off as fast...
It's a trade off... Speed/Durability
:msp_biggrin:

It will, but you can sharpen them again...
Hint:
Leave a little more metal to support the point and cutting edge, then the wood won't peel the chrome layer off as fast...
It's a trade off... Speed/Durability
:msp_biggrin:
So I cant take the chrome off these ones? :D ill have glorified woods chains with, if theyll cut elm and oak all day I should be able to get some cuts in hedge. Thats about the extent of my race chains.

So I cant take the chrome off these ones? :D ill have glorified woods chains with, if theyll cut elm and oak all day I should be able to get some cuts in hedge. Thats about the extent of my race chains.

Make sure you take the chrome layer off Andy's too....
Tell him it will help...
For a minute...

Make sure you take the chrome layer off Andy's too....
Tell him it will help...
For a minute...

Andys chain needs the angle grinder, for a more aggressive cut. I gotta try the 2186 again against stumps 385. 5th times a charm right?

I've been sick as a dog the last few days, not getting anything done in the garage like I had hoped to. Will see how I feel maybe I can at least sharpen a few chains. I haven't been to work since monday. This really sucks but at least its this week and not next.

I've been sick as a dog the last few days, not getting anything done in the garage like I had hoped to. Will see how I feel maybe I can at least sharpen a few chains. I haven't been to work since monday. This really sucks but at least its this week and not next.

By all means... Get it over with now!!!:rock:
Feel better Andy!!

Take care of your self. I just found out a good friend of mine has stage 4 cancer in his whole abdominal area. At least 4 weeks in the hospital. They say it is fully curable thank god.

Back