Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midwest STIHL

Saw a press release the Midwest STIHL (Haward, WI) was merging with Mississippi Valley STIHL (Peoria, IL), at a new site in Cottage Grove, WI (East of Madison).

Not sure if this will make much of a difference to end users, but could affect dealers. Maybe affect some shipping times? More consistency between regions?

Philbert
I think the cottage grove stihl is with a john deere company on 61

Here's some pics of the other mismatched Stihl mutt in the fleet, a 026/260. Had it out this weekend, ran a few tanks through it.

026.jpg

026a.jpg

This is one of the 026/260's that came from an auction I posted on about a year ago. Counting the price of the saw and the carb kit, fuel line and starter rope it needed there's only about $40 in this saw. Clutch cover is a spare from the 046/460 and the bar and chain are leftovers from when I converted the 260 pro to 16" 3/8 from 18" .325. Still has a temepermental idle every so often that's just a tuning issue but otherwise runs and cuts fine. Now up to 3 running 026/260's in the fleet.

Hi guys. Just a heads up @chucker and I will be doing some cutting next week at my cabin. In case anyone wants to join us and make it a mini GTG you are welcome to come up. Feel free to bring a truck or trailer to take some wood home. I'll be cutting Wednesday through Friday. My cabin is on the west end of Lake Vermilion so figure 90 minutes from Duluth or 3:30 from the cities. You are welcome to crash at my cabin for the overnights.

http://www.chisagocountyfair.org/chainsaw.html

Looks like they're planning on having us again this year!! [emoji2] we'll keep you posted on specifics once time draws nearer, but thought I'd throw it out there since we had some inquires over the weekend. We are usually between the parade and the derby...

4bcf09ed9dcc2687118a429f7c146c2f.jpg

Here is a pic of my splitter. And the great neighbor who helped me modify it after I got it from a friend's dad. She is a beast!

Back