Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Friday night weather permitting the IRA 410 winged sprint cars will be in the valley. It's there only scedualed night this year. 120 mph on the 1/4 mile track is really awesome to watch. Hope the rain stays away for this weekend.

I just finished cutting and splitting a dump truck load of logs. I cut it all with the 345 Husky that I bought from a guy down in Iowa for $40. I had to replace piston and cyl, and I put in new bearings and seals. I then went at it with a dremel tool and opened up intake and exhaust a bit and opened up the muffler. I wish I knew what it ran like stock so I had something to compare to but it sure does seem to run strong for a 45cc saw. Cutting thru a 18" red oak log doesn't bother it a bit. This was my first attempt at doing some porting and all I can say is it was fun. I dont know what I'm doing but we all start out like that I guess. Hows everyone else doing? What y'all been up to? Cuttin any wood? Fishing? I have been out fishing 5 times already and the northerns are now starting to get aggressive, caught a bunch yesterday.

Oh Yea. I have always thought the northerns are just as tasty as walleyes.:msp_razz:

I've only known people that only catch Northern for fun and release them as they said they weren't worth dealing with it. I guess I need to figure a way to get to one of these Northern eatin' GTG one of these days.

Oh Yea. I have always thought the northerns are just as tasty as walleyes.:msp_razz:

It's those pesky y-bones that confound most folks...
The flesh quality is top notch IMHO...

Like catfish, the person prepping the stuff is in charge of whether it's a good experience or not...

Like catfish, the person prepping the stuff is in charge of whether it's a good experience or not...

Agreed. The fish also taste better when they are caught in the winter with the cold water .

me too please:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You can turn the rain off now. Looks like our crops are screwed again this year. River is out and the Mighty Mo is bank full and still filling up. Big storms again today and tomorrow :bang::censored:

This Friday night weather permitting the IRA 410 winged sprint cars will be in the valley. It's there only scedualed night this year. 120 mph on the 1/4 mile track is really awesome to watch. Hope the rain stays away for this weekend.

I've got 3 parking spots reserved right between turn 3 and 4 for Friday nite Grillin' and Swillin"!!

Weather permitting!:givebeer:

Well me and derrick went in on a jonsereds XF, cant wait to show up at a gtg with something not everyone has seen!!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Should be sweet. Who has a nice vintage roll tip 28-32" bar they would be willing to sell.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

the Y bones are easy to take out!!... a buddy of mine showed me the best way to do it..

Back