Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got done messaging JD and he will be back in town this week. We are going to meet up for a dinner/ AS council meeting (B.S. session) on Thursday night. We can certainly do T-dawgs in Grantsburg but I am open to suggestions on other places to go. Post up some dining options people. I just had an idea while I was typing how about Flickabirds on Rush Lake just west of Rush City? They have very good food and are close to most of us. What do you say?
Flickabirds is good but the Grumpy minnow has even better food!

I think flickabirds is nicer inside and they have good grub. Plus its a little closer to the freeway which is where people will be coming from. Do you think you can make it, nice to meet ya.
I'll give ya that Flickabirds has more character. The grumpy is just a pole barn. I fish rush a lot, I frequent both quite often :) possibly, we'll see what time I get out of work. I'm in the middle of a project, I've got a 8' tiller all tore apart right now.

Just to clarify things a bit a 270 wsm shoots a 140 grain bullet at 3250fps with about 3200 ft lbs of energy where a 350 remington magnum shoots a 200 grain bullet at just over 3000 fps with about 4000 lb ft of energy. It actually is an excellent brush gun with good capabilities out to 400-500 yards, most of my deer are shot within 75 yards and often thru some brush. A little bit of brush is not a big deal when it is close to the deer, the closer the brush is to you the more it will screw up your trajectory. I am not saying anything bad about a 270 it is an excellent choice for deer hunting, as is most all other .25 caliber and larger cartridges. It all really comes down to the shooter putting the shot in a good place.
I might have to get myself a .350... Ya know... For testing... And stuff...

I'll give ya that Flickabirds has more character. The grumpy is just a pole barn. I fish rush a lot, I frequent both quite often :) possibly, we'll see what time I get out of work. I'm in the middle of a project, I've got a 8' tiller all tore apart right now.

I also fish Rush lake alot, I put a small house out on east Rush on the south east side fishing for northerns, I drive on from the west side.

I also fish Rush lake alot, I put a small house out on east Rush on the south east side fishing for northerns, I drive on from the west side.
Nice, we do early ice crappies and early season walleyes out there. then after that i got a few smaller lakes that fish a lot. Summer time we fish a lot for muskies out there.

I just got done messaging JD and he will be back in town this week. We are going to meet up for a dinner/ AS council meeting (B.S. session) on Thursday night. We can certainly do T-dawgs in Grantsburg but I am open to suggestions on other places to go. Post up some dining options people. I just had an idea while I was typing how about Flickabirds on Rush Lake just west of Rush City? They have very good food and are close to most of us. What do you say?

I will be there

Back