Mobil MX2T is now dyed red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gallon of bar oil I got the other day had red dye in it too. So whats up with this? Are they trying to brand us with a red stain?

Timbermaster said:
The gallon of bar oil I got the other day had red dye in it too. So whats up with this? Are they trying to brand us with a red stain?

Actually it is better if dyed that way when you look at it you are sure your oil is mixed in.

Ben, Have you mixed any of it yet? There's not very much dye in the two quarts I bought. Even at 32-1 there's not much color in the mixed fuel.
John.........

Lobo said:
Actually it is better if dyed that way when you look at it you are sure your oil is mixed in.
My red dye was in the BAR oil, not the gas mix oil. My gas mix oil turns the gas blue.

i like the idea of red dye in bar oil......where can i get some? this way i could cut though a squirel nest and not even know about it to feel bad. :)

Now when I go to mix my fuel, I'll FINALLY know which can is mixed gas and which one isnt.

BTW Autozone is carrying this oil. It seems some stores ran out of mx2t on the shelfs while they waited for the new racing 2t to get to them. Despite what the morons who work at Autozone say..

Ben,

Are you referring to Autozone in the U.S or Canada.

Our Auto Zone has the new stuff...I bought out their old bottles (About 13) and a pair of new ones. Should be enough for the summer of cutting. (I sometimes Forget we have motorcycles going as well!)

AutoZone says BaBye to MX2T

The AutoZone managers at two stores near me told me they could not sell me the old stock and that AutoZone will no longer be selling the Mobil 2 stroke oil in the future.....:((

I need to know where I can purchase a case.

Autozone does carry the new stuff despite what the moron behind the counter told you.
At any rate you can actually buy it cheaper from your local mobil distributor. Look in the yellow pages.

The Autozone here had nothing on the shelves so I asked. The guy went back and got me a bottle of the MX2T. When he tried to ring it up-no go. He called the manager. Bottom line--'we have a case, we aren't suppose to sell it-we'll GIVE you this one bottle. We don't know when the Racing 2TWill arrive.' :rolleyes:

The Autozone here had nothing on the shelves so I asked. The guy went back and got me a bottle of the MX2T. When he tried to ring it up-no go. He called the manager. Bottom line--'we have a case, we aren't suppose to sell it-we'll GIVE you this one bottle. We don't know when the Racing 2T will arrive.' :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back