Mobil MX2T is now dyed red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
The gallon of bar oil I got the other day had red dye in it too. So whats up with this? Are they trying to brand us with a red stain?

Lobo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Timbermaster said:
The gallon of bar oil I got the other day had red dye in it too. So whats up with this? Are they trying to brand us with a red stain?

Actually it is better if dyed that way when you look at it you are sure your oil is mixed in.

whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Ben, Have you mixed any of it yet? There's not very much dye in the two quarts I bought. Even at 32-1 there's not much color in the mixed fuel.
John.........

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Lobo said:
Actually it is better if dyed that way when you look at it you are sure your oil is mixed in.
My red dye was in the BAR oil, not the gas mix oil. My gas mix oil turns the gas blue.

WoodTick007

WoodTick007

Addicted to ArboristSite
AutoZone says BaBye to MX2T

The AutoZone managers at two stores near me told me they could not sell me the old stock and that AutoZone will no longer be selling the Mobil 2 stroke oil in the future.....:((

I need to know where I can purchase a case.

Stumper

Stumper

One Man Band
The Autozone here had nothing on the shelves so I asked. The guy went back and got me a bottle of the MX2T. When he tried to ring it up-no go. He called the manager. Bottom line--'we have a case, we aren't suppose to sell it-we'll GIVE you this one bottle. We don't know when the Racing 2TWill arrive.' :rolleyes:

Stumper

Stumper

One Man Band
The Autozone here had nothing on the shelves so I asked. The guy went back and got me a bottle of the MX2T. When he tried to ring it up-no go. He called the manager. Bottom line--'we have a case, we aren't suppose to sell it-we'll GIVE you this one bottle. We don't know when the Racing 2T will arrive.' :rolleyes: