Modding The MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c1q-s16a
1129 120 0601

yep, that's the one I like best as well. Have a few used ones that came with some tree service parts saws. If I had an accel pump carb that couldn't be saved that is what I would get for a new one.

I have saved a few 200T air filters by scrubbing with a toothbrush and hot soapy water. It takes a while to get them clean when they have been used around pine. I think the resin in the dust really sticks in there and builds up.

Lucky you, Ive had a couple saws with washed out cylinders due to debrise passing through the carb. But whatever floats your boat.

oh yeah? "washed out" cylinders you say? :confident:

never had a speck of dust thru the non-flocked type. ever.

you cut beautiful clean farmed wood. Always green wood, in a planted stand. You don't make any dust as long as the chain is sharp. That's also why those filters work well in the pristine farmed wood found in a lot of Europe.

The only filter I would run is the fleece one. The other lets alot of small debrise through.

never had a speck of dust thru the non-flocked type. ever.

Lucky you, Ive had a couple saws with washed out cylinders due to debrise passing through the carb. But whatever floats your boat.

oh yeah? "washed out" cylinders you say? :confident:

OK fellers........don't make me send you two to yer rooms. :laugh:

I've seen the "fines" in the carb throat in several saws when the mesh filters were new but once they get "broke in" they quit passing fines. I think it has something to do with the filter getting oil on it....

We have both a flocked and a mesh filter in route for this little saw......then we do a filter smack down test. :D

you cut beautiful clean farmed wood. Always green wood, in a planted stand. You don't make any dust as long as the chain is sharp. That's also why those filters work well in the pristine farmed wood found in a lot of Europe.

heheh zomb theory ain't practice by a long shot, there's more dust and dirt and grit and debris in a forest than you think, pollen season is like cutting in clouds of talcum powder, and sand country is a killer on equipment, my 200T is always filthy and grunged but have never seen any sign of dust in the carb. Absolutely nothing wrong with those smooth-type filters on a 200T .

Or maybe I should be checking for "cylinder washing" too...

heheh zomb theory ain't practice by a long shot, there's more dust and dirt and grit and debris in a forest than you think, pollen season is like cutting in clouds of talcum powder, and sand country is a killer on equipment, my 200T is always filthy and grunged but have never seen any sign of dust in the carb. Absolutely nothing wrong with those smooth-type filters on a 200T .

Or maybe I should be checking for "cylinder washing" too...
Ha your real funny bud. I guess you've never seen a c&p trthat's had alot of trash pulled it. Its ok its not your fault your a ####### I'm sure you were born like that. I apologize I have my own opinion on the filter , how dare me. :msp_wink:

I have been using a smooth one for many long years I cant tell you how many. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it! He may have no better option did you read the post about the RPM's?
Yes and Ive also spoke to him personally about it. I was just putting my side out there Im sorry from now on ill just be a yes man.If Randy and the customer fill comforable running that filter and have not run into problems with it then thats fine. I was just stating what I had found in some saws and one jackass had to taunt me. Opionins are like ass holes everyone has one so theres no reason for bashing someone for it. But I know how some people are 10 foot tall when they get behind a keyboard.

Last edited:
Yes and Ive also spoke to him personally about it. I was just putting my side out there Im sorry from now on ill just be a yes man.If Randy and the customer fill comforable running that filter and have not run into problems with it then thats fine. I was just stating what I had found in some saws and one jackass had to taunt me. Opionins are like ass holes everyone has one so theres no reason for bashing someone for it. But I know how some people are 10 foot tall when they get behind a keyboard.

Not bashing you just telling what I know from experience here friend. Just saying it may be the only way to get it to work right given to the fact that it has been modified and will be making more volume.:cheers:

Not bashing you just telling what I know from experience here friend. Just saying it may be the only way to get it to work right given to the fact that it has been modified and will be making more volume.:cheers:
Oh no sir I wasnt speaking of you, I was speaking of someone else that had posted on this. :cheers::cheers:

Oh no sir I wasnt speaking of you, I was speaking of someone else that had posted on this. :cheers::cheers:

Shut up and go wash yer cylinder David. :laugh:

With you working on saws everyday for a living I respect what you have to say on this as well my friend. :msp_wink:

Don't get bent about it though.....your blood pressure David......for Pete's sake old man.......think about your health. :msp_ohmy:

The post the Young made did put some perspective on the mesh filter argument......snow conditions only.....well now.

That's the reason I wanted both filters to be sent back with this saw......Chris can make the call on which one ends up on the saw. I just want to know how well the saw can perform and if I can build it to sustain a better working rpm than a stock 200T. I'm sure this saw will be used up in a bucket away from the ground in clean wood......

Shut up and go wash yer cylinder David. :laugh:

With you working on saws everyday for a living I respect what you have to say on this as well my friend. :msp_wink:

Don't get bent about it though.....your blood pressure David......for Pete's sake old man.......think about your health. :msp_ohmy:

The post the Young made did put some perspective on the mesh filter argument......snow conditions only.....well now.

That's the reason I wanted both filters to be sent back with this saw......Chris can make the call on which one ends up on the saw. I just want to know how well the saw can perform and if I can build it to sustain a better working rpm than a stock 200T. I'm sure this saw will be used up in a bucket away from the ground in clean wood......
You know I only got a few years left Randy.:msp_rolleyes: I never thought about it being a bucket saw that makes good sence. I just hate people who bash others for just putting there side of stuff out there. No matter if someone agrees with it or not there is no reason for bashing. And to the gentleman that I speak of how about you come over here to good ole Tennessee and Ill show you a couplke C&P that ive saved that have been washed out. Mostly due to the fleece coming off filters and still being ran. By the way Randy is the man, I ran my 261 and 441 yesterday after work and these things get better and better evrytime I use them.

I guess conditions vary and that is why they make both styles. I would never get away with the mesh one. The dust I see come off a flocked filter when I wash them tells me it does its job. When I clean them I will tap them out or blow them out for a few cleanings and then I scrub them every now and then. Lots of very fine stuff washes out. I do see a lot of dry dusty conditions though.

The other thing to try might be adding some extra holes to the filter cover. It doesn't have much area to suck air and a few extra holes might be the answer.

Something else to try would be to take the mesh filter and then put a chunk of foam behind it or squished on top of it.

Back