Modding The MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first off, that 335 may have been as fast as a 200, second i owned a 335 and more husqvarna saws than i'd like to list and I own one stihl, the 200 and it is amazing and has no rival with that being said when climbing trees to trim or take down a stock 200 will "push him or pull him out of ballance". I like the idea of a ported 200, but man, this is the best saw in stock form. oh wait was... and lets face it, stihl knew this and the 201 was the best they could do.

sounds like ur stalling ol'randy! If I wasnt on crutches and house arrest- i'd get off this damn computer. But for now- this is as close as I can get to a saw.

Now Steven you know me better than that. I'm as busy as a one armed paper hanger, but when them filters get here you'll all see the 200T in action. :)

looked like the 335 was zippier than the 200 in the cut. Boy oh boy- lookin forward to the 540xp autotune!

old much-maligned 335 only matches the twohundy with it's exhaust port widened with a dremel and three times the stock outlet size on the muffler with no deflector. Even a deflector saps power and response from a little 35cc saw. 335 is way lighter and more comfortable to hold by a long shot because there's no airfilter crocking your wrist all day. 335 might sound meaner than that mildly tuned stock 200 just by tone but lightly ported 335 and stock unrestricted muffler 200T are both equal for grunt and chainspeed, definitely don't need any more zing to the 200 engine, snels' vid shows them screaming like crazy with just tuning tweaks, a ported 200T doubt it would do much more except likely wring it to an early death

This thread is like a hot date that you been consistently going out for 2 month and she won't put out.:bang::bang::bang:
Anybody got a real smilie for BLUE BALLS?:blob2::blob2:

This thread is like a hot date that you been consistently going out for 2 month and she won't put out.:bang::bang::bang:
Anybody got a real smilie for BLUE BALLS?:blob2::blob2:

I got the filters today and did run the saw awhile....but it's been raining here a day......I ain't cutting cookies in the rain. :msp_mellow:

I got the filters today and did run the saw awhile....but it's been raining here a day......I ain't cutting cookies in the rain. :msp_mellow:

That's interesting- its raining up there on the plateau (middle of the state) and my brother said it is raining over in Johnson City/ Kingsport/ Grey area to the East, but nothing here in the middle in K-Town.

I got a chance to run the 200T enough today to know that I don't like the ignition timing advanced. I'll drop it back to stock in the morning........and videos will be made. :rock:

so are you going to do a 201 next?

I have a brand new one in pieces on the bench right now. After a real close inspection I set the squish to .018 and will advance the timing and open the muffler. I can't see any reason to alter the ports.

compression?

I have a brand new one in pieces on the bench right now. After a real close inspection I set the squish to .018 and will advance the timing and open the muffler. I can't see any reason to alter the ports.
What was the squish stock?:popcorn:

Now Steven you know me better than that. I'm as busy as a one armed paper hanger, but when them filters get here you'll all see the 200T in action. :)

M.Mind ya afraid of some wet??!!!!

Waiting on some dryer conditions for the filter test! Ought to be interesting...

P.J.

Back