Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin

No Longer Here
Reaction score
Was looking to hunt down a volunteer mod for tree care forums. I really think we need a guy in here. Seems like the other mods peruse the other forums more than others. I have seen some stuff in this forum tonight that is a little more than I want to see. I like to have fun but to be totally rude is ridiculous. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.579836,-105.082185

Was looking to hunt down a volunteer mod for tree care forums. I really think we need a guy in here. Seems like the other mods peruse the other forums more than others. I have seen some stuff in this forum tonight that is a little more than I want to see. I like to have fun but to be totally rude is ridiculous. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Good Post..

Rep Sent!!!

:wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2:

Well, I went back and cleaned some of my stuff up. I wouldn't go over to a friends house and bicker and be rude and I won't do it here. I'm out of it.

I appreciate the vote of confidence Matt but believe me, there are guys around here who are way more qualified than me. And believe it or not, I usually do get pretty busy after Winter so it would be an impossibility for me.

I'd like to see one of the old timers take over who is not a hot head or some kind of zealot.

Oh believe me, you just haven't been around long enough. I was a young, piss and vinegar climber when I started out here. I've just mellowed with age. ;)

ya i have no fight left in me for the kind of stuff that goes on here anymore. but you need someone that knows the industry and has an open mind a lot of thies guys would be to iron fist.

o wait i know hew would be perfect rope n saddle. i thought i been on here for a while then i seen 2001 on yours I'm still kinda green compared to your arborist site years.

if you loose the ability to argue and get in pissing matches it wouldn't be any fun but a lot of times people just cross the line.

Last edited:
i wouldn't mind becoming a moderator of this fourm. I might not be to good at my grammer and i might not be to good at spelling and reading either. so all that counts me out. If i had some help i wouldn't mind volunteering to become a modertaor in here. because during the off season i'm always on here reading stuff

Last edited:
I think Rope, Jeff Lovstrom, JPS and Toddppm should all be considered if they are interested.

There could be others I'm forgetting.

A modest proposal ...

Me & Ol'dirty ~ the eagle and the buzzard ~ what havoc would ensue. Mutual Assured Destruction. Tag Team moderation!

but seriously:

I think either tree md or ropensaddle would be great moderators of this forum. Why not both! Co-Mods! Seriously it's a big job and since i presume both currently actually work in the Industry (unlike some here) having both of them moderating would take some of the load off each other.

Also I think that moderation should be clearly labeled and official warnings be publicly given as a precursor to temp bans. This would give the moderation team a chance to defuse things early without dropping the hammer on every violation of the posting guidelines.

I'll even agree to stop posting in this forum for three months if they take the job because I am aware that my presence brings out the worst in a certain elements posting here. My absence will give them a fair shot at restoring much needed order in this forum.

... if you loose the ability to argue and get in pissing matches it wouldn't be any fun but a lot of times people just cross the line.

A moderator can still do all that as long as he is able to argue the point and not the poster. It's the classic definition of debate. Personal attacks are not useful to making your point and are against the posting guidelines we all agreed to when we joined this site.

Make this forum subscription only ...

Seriously Darin set this commercial section of your site by subscription only. Even a nominal fee will get rid of the riffraff that haunts the "pro's" here. Think about it, a yearly subscription for a place for professionals to be free of the wannabes I'd be happy to pay, and if you are a true commercial operator you can write it off anyway. Make this an exclusive club for real professionals.

Seriously Darin set this commercial section of your site by subscription only. Even a nominal fee will get rid of the riffraff that haunts the "pro's" here. Think about it, a yearly subscription for a place for professionals to be free of the wannabes I'd be happy to pay, and if you are a true commercial operator you can write it off anyway. Make this an exclusive club for real professionals.

thats a dumb idea. what your a real professional?

Aerial Arborist, please stay on topic. We are not reinventing the wheel here, there has already been a thread dedicated to that, please take your posts there.

Darin, assuming you get multiple volunteers, how will the mod be selected? Executive decision by you, or popular vote?

I would volunteer to be a mod but I am still relatively new to treework and would much rather a more experienced individual stand up.

Aerial Arborist, please stay on topic. We are not reinventing the wheel here, there has already been a thread dedicated to that, please take your posts there.

Darin, assuming you get multiple volunteers, how will the mod be selected? Executive decision by you, or popular vote?

I would volunteer to be a mod but I am still relatively new to treework and would much rather a more experienced individual stand up.

I would volunteer, but I drink way too much. I would probably just wind up getting drunk and banning everyone! :biggrin:

I'd love to see Scott take on the job if he's willing. I think he has the necessary "arse on fire" motivation to wade through all the crap.
Phil

I'd love to see Scott take on the job if he's willing. I think he has the necessary "arse on fire" motivation to wade through all the crap.
Phil

I second that. Sgreanbeans and I were at odds a few years ago but have overcome that and I have a great deal of respect for him. Having a seasoned guy with credentials is very important in a mod. Rope or tree md would do a fine job too, but we haven't heard from Rope on this topic and Larry doesn't want the job. ...can anyone blame him? lol If Scott wants it, he should get it.

Phil

Scott would be perfect actually!

It wouldn't hurt to ask vet either... I mean its not like he died or anything, he's just being an old PITA. He would probably be the best though, and he has the experience too.

Latest posts

Back