Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can think of only one person who wouldnt want Scott. And its not me. OBV there are others who would be good as a mod but I think ole sgreanbeans would be good for the job.

Last edited:
I think Scott would be a good mod. He's more than willing to take out the trash and give a pro forum the proper polish should anything hit the fan again. Hear, Hear!

Darin, assuming you get multiple volunteers, how will the mod be selected? Executive decision by you, or popular vote?

I read their posts to see how "moderate" they are. If I read posts that they go for the throat immediately he/she would not be selected. Actually, knowing tree work is not the main thing. Handling bad situations is a bigger deal. Yes, it's not a paying job but you have control of maintaining a place you enjoy. Like some people enjoy cars. You clean, fix and maintain them and some get a satisfaction out of that. A good mod will maintain order around here for their satisfaction and satisfaction of others. I will give you an example. Half of the elephant thread should be erased. I don't think we need a stagnant forum where you can't be a little sarcastic. I can tell you we don't need an tree forum where we talk about bedtime toys and call each other names. I will work on this behind closed doors. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations and others volunteering. I don't know when I will have an answer but I will let you know.

I think Rope, Jeff Lovstrom, JPS and Toddppm should all be considered if they are interested.

There could be others I'm forgetting.

No ####ing way! No thanks, I think Mike is probably one of the most reasonable posters here that doesn't get involved in all of the crap. I'll stick to trying to zap these ####ing link spammers as a side job.

"Half of the elephant thread should be erased."

C'mon - you are being too lenient. 72% of it should get zapped by the Death Ray.

I hope the new mod is like Judge Roy Bean. Or an alien from Mars Attacks.
No mercy. I want a hangin' judge who don't mess around.

Alright fine , I will do it I mean I dog everyone the same I have no friends here anyway and I would moderate just fine .... And if anyone here thought we were cool well your wrong ....

I'll take the job BUT what's in it for me?

For starters: on your resume, under "qualifications" you can list something like: "I am Buford Pusser reincarnated"
Not too many folks get that opportunity.
Hey, if you become a mod, will you let me still refer to my buddy from North Carolina as a "hick"?

My vote is for ole rope.Never seen him get emotional enough to resort to name calling. Even when argueing with someone.

Watch, I'll show ya.

''Hey rope ,,,,,,,huskies SUCK'' :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

All of the elephant needs to go.

This thread should go too. http://www.arboristsite.com/commercial-tree-care-climbing/192389.htmStarting a thread calling out another member in it's title should be an easy catch for the mods. If there is a problem with that member the mods should take care of it...........and not let the behaviour run that pushes the forum towards being a beating room.

I think you're probably right about having a members name in the thread. I started the thread more out of frustration than anything else. I like reading what everyone does during the day but when Aerial Mason posts he tends to suck the life out of the thread. I don't have any personal animosity towards AM, I think he is a accident waiting to happen and uses fear of "dangerous" trees to sell work. I don't consider him a professional arborist. If anything, I would like to see a disclaimer attached to his videos indicating these are not safe practices.

treevet for moderator !!!

His thread was the one ruined with all the juvenile blather. Let him lurk at his leisure to extract revenge for those who drove him away!

Let's all chant:

treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet, treevet,

That ought to bring him back!

Latest posts

Back