morbark 290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilraine

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first chipper.i primarily do site work and land clearing for farmers around here as a second job... I saw a morbark 290 chipper listed online, looked good, cummins diesel.. 3 he said it had about 3600 hours and they are asking 3500 dollars.. anything to look out for on these? should I be looking at a different machine?what does it weigh roughly?

I am looking to buy my first chipper.i primarily do site work and land clearing for farmers around here as a second job... I saw a morbark 290 chipper listed online, looked good, cummins diesel.. 3 he said it had about 3600 hours and they are asking 3500 dollars.. anything to look out for on these? should I be looking at a different machine?what does it weigh roughly?

Can't go wrong with that engine. As long as the regular maintenance was done. Hours are a bit high for me, but you should go see it in person.

The only problem I used to have with the Cummins(4B3.9) in my Morbark was the starter. It had the Delco-Remy starter and would crack the nose cones on a regular basis. There was a coper strap that would fail a few times before the nose cone would fail. We used to keep spare straps on hand and then a spare starter. Everyone I've talked to that has the other style starter(I don't remember the brand) never had a problem with them.

Latest posts

Back