Most expensive wood I ever found.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well heres the update on pops truck.

So out the door the total was 3500$ a new panel had to be put on etc. etc. looks nice and won't ever use it again for wood.

Now for the next retarded story.

So we have this ranch truck that is poor shape so i decide to use it instead of the nice one. Stop at the parts store to have in my possesion needed repairs aka lights for trailer and truck. Head to the woods.

We've had a break in the weather and didn't think there would be much if any snow in the hills. So i start traveling the road i go to get some wood. after cresting the hill there is a series of down hills before you can climb again.

Well not much snow but there is the dreaded ice again. begin sliding like a bobsled about a mile down switch backs and such nice big road and no where near wood.

Ok OK no more of this lets get outta here before it gets worse. unhook the trailer take my time getting the truck turned around.

NO 4WD oh thats nice. so i find some gravel to get on and hit it get some momentom and make it to a flat spot and spin out truck sliding with brake on even on a flat spot im stopped. get the maul out and begin chipping ice off the road for traction. get goin to another flat spot im done not getting outta here without help.

Call in the newly finished truck to come bail out this beater truck. while waiting everyone on this road is just outta control slipping and sliding only one offered to help. Almost got ate by a newfoundland and a st bernard but they ended up being nice. then the new truck arrives get all hooked up and begin getting outta here. well it spins out and begins sliding backwards at me i said no way in hell is this gonna happen again i thro in reverse and hit it jack knife the trailer and skided sideways keeping my distance from the nice truck (didn't even scratch the beater). my mom is terrified of what just happened. I told her see this is how it got wrecked last time she says thats not even a hill there was nothing i could do "I know MOM! (to clarify the truck wasn't harmed in this ordeal almost tho)

SO this nice family is watching all this and offers to help "hey i've got chains" geez they even fit the beater get em on and walk right out almost until i spun a chain and begin sliding stop reset chains off we go

Finally got outta there 4 hours later.

The beater got all new lights harness and full tuneup. I found the 4wd driveline was trashed the splines melted in rust a trip to the junkyard and shes ready for the next adventure. Oh and i got chains for all 4 tires with spikes on em.

Im blasting through wood the other morning was -22 here I sure wish it was easy like it is for some of you but the good woods are up in the hills.

the worst things happen when your not prepared thought itd be a mild easy day and even knew when to quit but it just rolled down hill literally from there.

Can't wait to see this thing in action this weekend my cousin tells me theres never a dull moment when he hangs out with me.
:rock:

Last edited:
1harlowr
Really $3500????????? Someone really put it to you

Yes couldn't agree more unfortunately as much as I wanted to pay for all this I had no choice but to surrender to the insurance company. I did however man up and pay the 1000$ deductible. Pops told me for the amount of money I give them every year the least they can do is give a fraction of it back. I didn't argue.

If I could do my life choices over again i'd start a body shop techs don't get as much as the owner but 3500$ for this pops a dent is where the real money is at not turning wrenches as i do, but spining grinders and spraying some paint. hehehe

I got lotsa respect for you guys that do it taking a crushed pop can and making it pretty!:rock:

Latest posts

Back