The most expensive thing I ever learned about a chainsaw…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks gggGary. It's always when we least expect something to happen that something happens. Hope you heal up fast and doesn't cause to much downtime in your week.
Sorry I wasn't clear, this happened ten years ago, scar barely visible. Was just riffing on expensive chainsaw lessons. ;)

jeezus
Picked up a CL saw, chain was filthy, thick, dirt, grease, rust. Took it off the bar, started cleaning it on the wire wheel, was looking GOOD.
Yeah start cringing, got distracted, wheel grabbed the chain, pulled it out of my hand. That pause; you know? it's going to be bad, put a dent in your week, really wish you had the last 5 seconds to do over, but it doesn't hurt yet and yah gotta look? One tooth milled a hooked slot in my palm between thumb and fore finger about an inch and half long. Whew, palm meat, no tendons, relieved it wasn't worse.
Went to bathroom to clean it out. All I could find was Mercurochrome, remember that stuff? Poured it on the cut. KEE-RISTE that stung, whipped my hand, sprayed bathroom wall with purple Mercurochrome and blood. Paper towel and duct tape, back to work.
wife wouldn't stitch so got 14 at ER, wife cut and removed them later. Dumb me.
dude I am cringing just reading this, you said mecurochrome... I was thinking at least its not merthiolate... had instant flashbacks to my grandma coating my various wounds with one or the other.... thank god it was not much worse, but 14 stiches in the palm had to suck as it would take forever to heal.

dude I am cringing just reading this, you said mecurochrome... I was thinking at least its not merthiolate... had instant flashbacks to my grandma coating my various wounds with one or the other.... thank god it was not much worse, but 14 stiches in the palm had to suck as it would take forever to heal.
I think Mom used merthiolate just to teach me not to be stupid!

Geez... I've got a couple female neighbors that want to help me clean up the ice storm damage. Today the dentist's wife came out while I took down the serious hazards. The woman on the other side of the fence just sent me her schedule and is baking me cookies too... she wants to help with the rest of the clean up. Who knew a saw would be a chick magnet... I know puppies are. 😉
This story gets even better... a box of steaks showed up via UPS a few minutes ago... from the dentist's wife! While I was cleaning up ice storm damage on my property I grabbed a couple fallen branches off their property, cut them up and got rid of them. It pays to be a nice neighbor...

steaks.jpg

Back