Most gas in one day?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
during a salvage project on a pile of old logging company rejects i put 30 litres through the mill saws. 30 litres is a little less then 7 gallons. got alot of lumber that day.

heck i actually mixed it up, 30 litres is actually closer to 8 gallons. hard to believe i burned that much in a day but 3120's with modified carbs and 395's tuned for milling will do that.

I have burned more than a gallon many times but not sure if I burned more than two in a day. (myself) and that was probably doing tornado clean up where we were sawing for hours straight. I guess while I was milling some large oak slabs with the 660 I may have gone through quite a bit of fuel that day.
A lot of my chain saw work is clearing storm damage or doing tree removals so staging and rigging takes a lot of my time. The actual saw run time is less than an hour per day on many jobs.

using a 264 oly,,with the fuel set proper,,3 gallons. started early, and cut till dark..and thought I had died when I finally shut the saw down...nice pile of chunks, tho....

How about one cut?

Used my buds 'Widowmaker' 610 with a 28", 2.5 tanks to cut through a 48" Hackberry.

I soon bought a 6 cube!

Where's all the guys that get an hour of run time off 20 ounces?

A logger I know said he'll use 8-10 chainsaw tanks of gas in one day in an 044. Doing that on a weekly basis will get you in shape quick!

Talked to another logging buddy of mine. He mostly bucks logs with his 044. He said he used 6-7 chainsaw tanks a day but has used up to 15 in one day. He's retired his 044 and his boss just got'em a 461. He told me his buddy, works for another outfit, uses 16-18 chainsaw tanks a day in a 440. He said the 044 lasted about 6 months using it around 6 hours a day 6 days a week. Had it rebuilt and it's still going. This logger is 61 years old and is still running a saw 6 hrs./day!

In big wood with big saws you can really go through mix. Milling I've had several cuts that were a whole tank in the 9010 and 660. The stock 394 will make a cut and have more left in the tank but not enough to make another one.

So many variables in this question. Saw size, how sharp your chain is, what kind of wood your cutting, ported saw? In big Doug fir with my 660 its nothing to out 2+ gal through it in 6hrs. With my 460 in smaller Doug fir about 1.5+ gal in 6hrs.

sent from my STIHL 660 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back