motorized log cart

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stltreedr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There's a guy running around here who has a 2 wheeled log cart on his truck, similar to the hand pushed 2 wheeled log dollys. Looks like it has an echo 2 cycle motor on it.. It looks manufactured, not homemade. I've searched google and can't find one...Anyone know what I'm talking about or where to find one?

There's a guy running around here who has a 2 wheeled log cart on his truck, similar to the hand pushed 2 wheeled log dollys. Looks like it has an echo 2 cycle motor on it.. It looks manufactured, not homemade. I've searched google and can't find one...Anyone know what I'm talking about or where to find one?
This the one?
Motorized Log Dolly - Little Helper Cart
Phil

That's the one. they can keep it for $3800. I would say $1500 would be a fair price.

I would buy one in a heartbeat for $1500. Building one using new parts is gonna add up I think.

I have seen similar carts built using old snowblower chassis and drives. Depending on where you live you can obtain a heavy duty blower drive system for close to free or under ($100), add a new HF predator engine ($100), couple wheel-barrel wheels ($40) some random metal ($100) and for well under ($500) you got yourself a pretty sweet dolly.

I think the Echo engine they are using is fitted to one man earth augers, which is nice because it comes equipped with gear reduction & centrifugal clutch. A cheap "Oriental" motorized ice/ earth auger up here costs approx. $250 Canadian.

I have seen similar carts built using old snowblower chassis and drives. Depending on where you live you can obtain a heavy duty blower drive system for close to free or under ($100), add a new HF predator engine ($100), couple wheel-barrel wheels ($40) some random metal ($100) and for well under ($500) you got yourself a pretty sweet dolly.

LOLMight take me a while to locate one of those here in S. FL.
The wife would #### bricks if she saw me ordering a new snow blower for the business.:msp_scared:

I think the Echo engine they are using is fitted to one man earth augers, which is nice because it comes equipped with gear reduction & centrifugal clutch. A cheap "Oriental" motorized ice/ earth auger up here costs approx. $250 Canadian.

That may be a bit more obtainable here.

First off I am not a salesman for the little helper. I had closely entertained the option for wood removal from backyard jobs. In my area most people have stupid gates that are "3 foot" at a true opening of about 32"~34" not enough for a mini skid steer. I would say the manufacturer is making a good profit but not bazillions. Research and development to provide a consistent product is time consuming. For the record I still do not have a mini skid steer either. Money has been too tight for any equipment, bucket truck being first on my list. I say the little helper has it's place several times per year right along with a mini to save labor.

Howdy, this is Nathanael, and my Dad and brother and I make the LittleHelperCart. We are a small operation, so we cannot get the bulk discounts that a large manufacture could get. We have made the LittleHelperCart to be professional grade and have not spared expense in making a quality product. We sell all of our carts with 30 day money back guarantee, and if you do not like it for any reason, all you will be out is the return freight. We haven't got one back yet. We started our tree service business in 2000 and made the little helper to fill a need that we greatly felt. We still do tree work and use the little helper on a daily basis. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Echo%20with%20Sycamore%20chunk%20005.jpg

Welcome to Arboristsite Nathanael!
I think that cart you made looks terrific, and I'd love to own one.
Looks well made and very useful.

Seems the weight of the engine might help pulling the dolly back on a big piece (like in the pic). I hate having to have a second guy help push my dolly back.

With a chunk like the one in the picture you would need a second guy to push it back, but the nice thing is that once it is pushed back, you can drive it out of a downhill backyard and into the trailer without any assistance

I just saw this thread. I'm up in Ontario Canada and have had one of your karts for 3 years now and not a single problem. Me and one of my workers are fairly strong lads and we push the limits of the kart when we use it. It will handle very heavy loads and the gearing is perfect for even steep uphills with a heavy load. Everyone has been impressed with this machine. We really didn't want to spend the price on the kart, but after you get a few jobs you can't get the dumptruck to it makes it a bit better. I will say it sure beats cutting and rolling anyday.

The one thing If I had of know is I would pass on the brush extensions. For us they are useless and for the price anyone can go buy 2 pieces of round tube.

That piece was willow that was growing right on a bay. Very heavy stuff. The other half of the tree is still standing in the background. The hump in the background was septic so no truck in the back yard.

Hey Shelby, how did you get the cart shipped or delivered to Ontario?
Do you remember how much it cost?
The way the Can$$$ is currently tanking, the conversion to American$$$ would make buying one super pricey.

I don't remember how we had it delivered. It was freight with tailgate drop. The dollar wasen't awesome when we bought it like it is now. We were into about $4600-4800. Maybe only use it 6-10 times a year but when we do it helps.

With a chunk like the one in the picture you would need a second guy to push it back, but the nice thing is that once it is pushed back, you can drive it out of a downhill backyard and into the trailer without any assistance
That would be a tough mini skid grapple bite so you save cutting it to smaller chunks to bite and move it. Crane or kboom it once in the street. Nice but little pricey.

Latest posts

Back