Mr. Franzen, The Chainsaw World wants to meet you!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has just brought it out, he has only sold a few in Europe so far.

The high cost would only limit it to only the very large dealerships, and then it would be a tough sale. He showed me some prices on his
palm pilot thingee, but I wasn't sure if it was dollars or euros, but it was $70,000 plus.

Many of the customers that have bought his chainsaw sharpener are happy with it, so If they had someone keeping this machine busy, it could
pay for itself.
The logistics of 8 mechanics trying to use it might be a problem as well, but it does it quick.

I imagine that stone wheel ain't too cheap either......

Yeah good deal, I was gonna say couldnt have been out that long. THe saw shop I use has a silvey grinder, and do alot of chains. It is nothing but money when you lok at the speed they do it vs, dollars made. So that monster would make it real easy!

This thread has been quiet a long time, but seemed like a better idea to add on, rather than start a new one.

Just ran across this: 'Markusson Triplematic' automatic chain sharpener for harvester chains. Anyone familiar with it?

Philbert

image.jpg

(Bump)

My local STIHL dealer just bought a Franzen: calls it their 'new employee'. Said that they have some customers who bring in really long logging chains, so setting it up and letting it run those makes sense, freeing the mechanic up to work on saws. Did not go into pricing, or why they chose it over the Oregon / Markusson grinders (post above).

Philbert

our dealer has one for a couple years now, they love it, doesn't call in sick or ask for days off, any of the service techs can run it, though generally one of the small engine techs swaps chain whenever a chain finishes, oil cooled option lets it run faster without burning cutters

our dealer has one for a couple years now, they love it, doesn't call in sick or ask for days off, any of the service techs can run it, though generally one of the small engine techs swaps chain whenever a chain finishes, oil cooled option lets it run faster without burning cutters
Have you me Mr. Franzen yet at the Expo?

I can't see it being a smart business choice for most shops. Unless a shop is always handling long chains, I can't see it paying itself.
A guy would just have time to put a chain on it, fiddle with all the settings, start walking away to do other work and it'd be done.

A shop could hire an apprentice just to sharpen chains and sweep floors and pay his wages for a few YEARS for the cost of the robot grinder.

We have an auto grinder for bandsaw blades, but the blades we use are 12ft long and have probably 125 teeth. A blade takes a good 10-15 mins to do a pass, often they need 2 or 3 passes.
AND even still you can't go too far from it as it does goof up at times.

For it to be really useful IMO it would need some sort of magazine where 50 chains would be loaded and then be able to "set it and forget it"

Latest posts

Back