What would you guys do? take a minute to read.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All very good points. Fish, i see what your saying, and it follows what others have said as well. I use the shop for parts mostly. Like I said, he did a valve job on my 1980 toro snow blower and has done lawnmower work as well. Ive SENT him lots of business. I also bought my saw and trimmer from him. I could bring my Toro to the stihl shop, he sells toro.
I talked to him today. He claims the carb for the 025 was still on back order, some of you shop owners know better than me but 3 months seems a bit long.
The trimmer, well, he claims his kid looked at it and mis-diagnosed it. he was very apologetic and I accepted. So Im letting him slide. I did ask him from now on if he could check the equipment after his dopey kid touches it. My dad isn't so understanding. We are lucky since the stihl/husky/toro shop is good too. He goes there more anyway and likes those guys better.
Sooo thats my decision. Hopefully it doesn''t happen again.

Took a lot of courage to go talk with him, Joe, glad you got some somethin' back for it. Score one for the gutsy, honest approach. Not often you can make a difference, but you just might have done it.

Back