You guys sure know how to spend my money! (395XP)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoroilmccall

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, I've been on here about 3 weeks now, and while it is great fun, you guys are costing me too much money!:dizzy: I came on here at first to figure out what was happening with my 359, well... I got that fixed, and read about how its too small:cry: , sure enough, I started looking for something a bit bigger, I was ready to anyways with having to do a decent sized job with some black locust tree's, so I picked up a nice used 044 at a steal of a price. Well, I figured I'd sell the 359 to recoup some of the cash, and while it was up for sale I had a guy call who was interested, and he wants to trade me a 15-20 year old Husky 395XP (might be a 394XP) for my 3 year old 359 :clap: . He figures it only has maybe 50hrs on it, since it was too big for him after he tore his rotator cuff in his shoulder, and its been sitting in his fathers shed for a long time. It gets used every now and then when his 340 isn't enough saw, but he figures maybe twice a year on average.

So I went from having nice small gas sipping saws, a 340, 257, and 359... to having a decent mix of sizes, the 340, 257, 044, and now probably a 395XP. What do I need all these saws for? :greenchainsaw:

Ah well, I need a display table in my shop to show off all these glorious saws... it'll give me something to look at besides the Stihl Calender while I'm drinkin beers! :cheers:

So in all, thanks for getting me addicted in record time! I think I was hooked faster than on High Horse Diesels!

15 years ago means that it is a 394xp, and even they weren't made 20 years ago....

Nothing wrong with the 394, vs the 395, as far as I know.

Latest posts

Back